Lootcrate Bankrupt

Started by TrekMD, August 14, 2019, 00:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Not sure if anyone subscribed to any Lootcrate but the company has gone bankrupt and is reorganizing under Chapter 11.  I got an email today and saw an article posted about it.  I did have the Star Trek subscription (is anyone surprised?) and they've been very slow coming. In fact, I never got the "sing up" bonus gift.  They claim all subscribers will get their stuff.  You can read here:  Cash Squeeze Forces Subscription Box Startup Into Bankruptcy.

Here is the email I got today:

Hey Looter,

I am writing you with news â€" Loot Crate is being acquired. Our proposed buyer Loot Crate Acquisition LLC is an affiliate of an existing investor, Money Chest LLC who is providing us with immediate financial support.  They know our company well â€" they have invested in Loot Crate in the past and have been a great partner.

As part of the sale agreement, Loot Crate filed for chapter 11 reorganization. The purpose of the chapter 11 filing is to facilitate the sale of the business and position the company to achieve the delivery times and customer experience you deserve.

You, the Looters, are our top priority. Our existing investor is providing us with up to $10 million in new financing which allows us to continue our daily operations and we intend to fulfill your subscriptions. Look for updates on deliveries soon.

As you are a big part of our Looter family, you will be receiving more communications from us during the sale process.  Our goal is to fulfill the promises made to you, and we will be updating you with shipping and delivery dates as soon as we have them.

For information on the process and to answer some questions you might have, please see the FAQ below.

We appreciate your continued support.
Team Loot Crate

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

That's too bad. I was a subscriber at one point and it was fun to look through every month.

TrekMD

The Star Trek subscription was quarterly shipments but they were slow as molasses.  I still haven't gotten shipment four nor have I have gotten the gift USS Enterprise for the subscription.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...