New Retro Handheld: Evercade

Started by Shadowrunner, July 05, 2019, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

A console Evercade would be a fascinating thing!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Forgot to post this yesterday, two more game collections are coming to the Evercade next year.

Jaleco Collection 1:

Astyanax
Bases Loaded
Brawl Brothers
City Connection
Earth Defence Force
Ignition Factor
Operation Logic Bomb
Rival Turf
Super Goal! 2
Totally Rad

Piko Interactive Collection 2:

Brutal Sports Football
Eliminator Boat Duel
Football Madness
Full Throttle All American Racing
Hoops Shut Up and Jam
Hoops Shut Up and Jam 2
Power Football
Racing Fever
Soccer Kid
Summer Challenge
Top Racer 2
Winter Challenge
World Trophy Soccer

TrekMD

Oh yes!  I meant to post it as well.  Glad you did.  :)

Shadowrunner

Another new cartridge was announced yesterday. This one is all about new indie games for retro consoles. This is a neat idea, looking forward to it.

https://www.evercade.co.uk/indie-heroes-collection-1-an-overview/

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, I got this message too! They don't say when it is coming but the mix of games is nice!  I am not preordering this from Amazon.  Not after they cancelled two of my orders. 

TrekMD

Metal Jesus was sent the 4 upcoming Evercade cartridge compilations, which include two volumes of Atari Lynx games and made this video to show how they came out. Even though most folks probably have the real games in their collection, it's cool to see the Atari Lynx get more mainstream love like this.  Also.. it's neat that the Evercade also supports the Left/Right hand feature of the Lynx too.

Cartridge 1 is mostly 17 Songbird Production licensed titles like:
Crystal Mines II
Dracula The Undead
Gordo 106
Loopz
Power Factor
Super Asteroids / Super Missile Command
Scrapyard Dog
Super Skweek
Xump

Cartridge 2 are all Epyx games:
California Games
Chips Challenge
Checkered Flag
Todd’s Adventures in Slimeworld
Electro Cop
Gates of Zendocon
Zarlor Mercenary
Blue Lightning

Shadowrunner

I'm looking forward to these Lynx carts. I have some of the original games but not all of them and it will be nice to play them on a better screen.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

I got my shipping confirmation for the Oliver Twins and Xeno/Tanglewood carts. Should get them next week!

TrekMD

Mine are on their way.  I expect them next week.  :)

TrekMD

John Hancock has released a video looking at the Evercade...

TrekMD

Two more collections have just been announed:  Jaleco #1 and Piko #2.

Piko Collection 2 Cartridge includes 13 classic games including Top Racer 2, Soccer Kid, Racing Fever, and Brutal Sports Football.

Jaleco Collection 1 Cartridge includes 10 classic games including Brawl Brothers, Astynax, and Rival Turf.

Shadowrunner

I think I'm going to hold off pre-ordering these. I'll buy them eventually after they get released next year but there's nothing on these two collections that I'm that excited about.

The latest two carts arrived last week so I played some Xeno Crisis and some of the Dizzy games over the weekend. :)

Shadowrunner

Well they announced another new cartridge today.

I know some people are big fans of this series, and I realize it's a lot more popular in the UK and Europe, but I'm disappointed with this one. I've never been a huge Worms fan to begin with and with only 3 games on this cart it's just not a good deal. I will be skipping this one.