New Retro Handheld: Evercade

Started by Shadowrunner, July 05, 2019, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Pre-orders are now open for the next two Evercade games, The Oliver Twins Collection and the Xeno Crisis & Tanglewood cart. They aren't shipping till October but I ordered them just in case there's a large demand.

My Funstock order finally came in this week too!

TrekMD

Glad to see your Funstock order arrived!  I also preordered those two carts. Now waiting to see when the Lynx carts become available.  :)

Here is a pretty thorough review of the Evercade...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

A firmware update was released yesterday for the Evarcade.  From the email they sent:

This update covers the following changes and improvements:

• Button mapping options in specific games (full list available online)
  • Brave Battle Saga on Piko Collection 1 â€" Crash condition is fixed.
  • Little Medusa on Mega Cat Collection 1 â€" Crash condition is fixed.
  • Menu “Bloop” sound can now be turned off.
  • FW version added in the Main Menu.
  • More robust save states function for when the unit is turned off.
  • Note: This update includes all 1.1a button mapping fixes.

Get the update here:  New Firmware 1.2.0

Shadowrunner

I still never did the first update but I might do this one. Looks easy enough.

I wonder if they will put new firmware updates on future game cartridges? They did that with the Neo Geo X so technically it must be possible.

TrekMD

From the Evarcade page:

Atari Lynx 1 and 2 Evercade Cartridges â€" Pre-Order Date Confirmed

Pre-orders for 2 new Evercade cartridges will open from midnight (local time) on the 30th July 2020.  They will be available to order from the same retailers you have purchased Evercade cartridges in the past. Some may not have the listings live in time, but they will be available for launch.

Stock will not be limited in the market, but will be limited per retailer â€" so if you have a preferred retailer, we strongly recommend pre-ordering.

The cartridges will release on the 6th November 2020

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Looks like somebody jumped the gun on the Lynx Collections pre-order. Weren't supposed to go up till tomorrow but you can order now, which I just did. :)

TrekMD

Yep, I noticed.  I, of course, wasted no time.  :)

TrekMD

Well, now I'm pissed.  Amazon just cancelled my order for Xeno Crisis & Tanglewood and The Oliver Twins Collection carts.  I wonder where I can order these from?

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I ran a few searches and found them there.  Now I have to wonder if my other preorders on Amazon may get cancelled.

Shadowrunner

That's too bad. Did they give you a reason why they cancelled them?

I ordered mine from here https://www.videogamesplus.ca/evercade-c-1136.html

TrekMD

They said they were not going to be able to get them.  I did try to order tom VideoGamesPlus but the cart kep adding two of the same game and never added the other!  I have no idea what the heck was going on, so I just ended up ordering from Funstock. 

I hope Amazon doesn't do the same thing for the Lynx collections! 

TrekMD

Well, Amazon did it again.  Now they cancelled my order for the Atari Lynx carts.  I'm ordering them from Funstock. 

Shadowrunner

Yeah I saw some other people complaining about this on Twitter. Strange they keep doing this.

Also saw this earlier - https://twitter.com/evercaderetro/status/1301108865245863936 I'd buy a console version for sure. Online connectivity would be what I want to see. Part of the fun in playing old arcade games is going for high scores so having leaderboards would be great.