New Retro Handheld: Evercade

Started by Shadowrunner, July 05, 2019, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I preordered the black one.  It looks sharp.  Really looking forward to it!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

John Hancock has also posted a video of the Evercade.  Have a watch...

TrekMD

Game Sack has also reviewed the Evercade but this review isn't as positive...

zapiy

I guess you will never please everyone mate.

For me its awesome for the concept alone.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, but I wanted to share the review anyway.  Helps to have both perspectives.

zapiy

Totally agree bud, I suspect the thing has loads of negatives but lets see because I can only see the positives at the moment.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

My only concern from watching the second video is that there appear to be some emulation issues.  Those should be fixable with firmware updates, though.  The other complaints were mostly about the game libraries themselves and that I don't care about.  That's pure opinion and not some factual like the emulation sound issues that were noted during the video.

Shadowrunner

Another cartridge was announced today, Atari Lynx Collection 2!

It will be released later this year with the following games:

California Games
Todd’s Adventures in Slimeworld
Electro Cop
Gates of Zendocon
Zarlor Mercenary
Blue Lightning
Chips Challenge
Checkered Flag

TrekMD

Yes, I got an email (well, two) about that!  Very cool.  :)

zapiy

Shadowrunner

So being an early adopter is not always a good thing.

I pre-ordered day one from Funstock in the UK. At the time that was the only place selling them. Now there's a Canadian retailer selling them and for whatever reason they received their stock before anyone else, and they are now shipping. So I could have waited and ordered it locally and had it next week. Meanwhile, the boat with Funstock's shipment hasn't even arrived yet. . .

I understand the delay but still pretty disappointing that people ordering today will get it a couple weeks before I do. :(

TrekMD

Well, that's interesting and unfortunate. 

Shadowrunner

Yes it is unfortunate. I could probably cancel my order and get one here but then I wouldn't get the black one. Guess I'll just have to wait.

zapiy

That’s a real shame and should not happen. That’s a negative for sure.

TrekMD

I ordered the black one as well.  Given that's a limited edition, I'd wait for it.  This whole mess with COVID-19 is just affecting everything!!!