Adventure - New Lynx Homebrew!

Started by TL, August 06, 2012, 13:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:2ukwjibq][size=360]Adventure[/size]

The game is based on a sample called adventure.asm which you can find on the
www.6502asm.com website. (Simply select that file from the dropdown, press Compile, then Run and play with the WASD keys to move). The small sample is enjoyable to play, simple as it looks, and works, so it made a great learning project.

The game has primitive graphics as you can easily see. However, the potential for the Lynx is so great. Single colored blocks can be replaced by better sprites and all of a sudden you have a fairly decent adventure game. Enough room for (easy) improvement. For a programmer it should not be too hard to see what it takes to program the Lynx.

This simple game can be downloaded for free and works perfectly with the Handy emulator or a Lynx flash card.

[size=240]Download From Here![/size][/align:2ukwjibq]

TrekMD

I wonder if there are plans to upgrade the graphics on this game since the Lynx is so much more capable.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"I wonder if there are plans to upgrade the graphics on this game since the Lynx is so much more capable.

He seems to be suggesting he will, this was his first effort at coding on the Lynx

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"I wonder if there are plans to upgrade the graphics on this game since the Lynx is so much more capable.

He seems to be suggesting he will, this was his first effort at coding on the Lynx

It'll be cool to see how the game evolves.  :)

zapiy

Yeah i thought that as well.. Good effort first time round though.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

108 Stars

There are. ;)
And not just the graphics, this can be a starting point for much greater games.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

That's good to hear! Look forward to seeing how this progresses  8)

TrekMD

Quote from: "108 Stars"

There are. ;)

108 Stars

I will when I can.
I offered various homebrewers my help because I enjoy pixel graphics and want to see the scene thrive... not to mention my free copies of the games I worked on. :)
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TrekMD

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC