TurboGrafx-16 / PC Engine Mini Announced

Started by Shadowrunner, June 12, 2019, 19:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Very cool surprise announcement out of E3 this year! Konami, who I didn't even realize owned the rights to NEC, is giving us another mini console.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOXlnZqPUuE

Not a lot of info yet but very exciting news.

TrekMD

I saw something about this.  Very cool.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I never had a TG-16, so I'm quite interested. 

Saturn

TrekMD

Thought I'd share this video that looks at the game line up for the console...

Shadowrunner

Cool, I hadn't seen the list yet. A few poor choices but overall pretty good. Nice that the Japanese games are included too but Snatcher, like he mentioned, and a couple others won't be playable because of the language.

TrekMD

Looks like it may be about $100 also.  Not the cheapest system from all these "mini" systems that are being released but looks like it may be worthwhile.

demongene

Great newz, hope more mini systems come out. Love the nintendo ones, plan on picking up the sega mini in september.

TrekMD

Looks like an interesting list of games.  I never owned a TG-16 so I may get this.

HomerRamone2084

Its possibly the same size as the PCE was :D

zapiy

I’ll be getting one of this. Looks super cool the more I see it.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

Even with the overlaps, I want one of these BAD :D

davyk

I've played a clutch of PCE games released on the Wii VC and the better ones really are very good. This would have been an amazing console to own when it was contemporary.

I see some of the ones I played are on this so if the quality of those is representative then it's worth a pick up.

DeadVoivod

I really like the games, but the design of the console, don’t know, perhaps it’s only me, but in my opinion it’s, well, not ugly but far away from nice.