I've released an officially licensed model SEGA Mega Drive...

Started by guest6424, March 06, 2019, 19:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest6424

Thought you all might be interested in what I’ve been working on for 18 months. I managed to secure an official license and release the first in a collection of games console and home computer miniatures. This first one is the SEGA Mega Drive with more to follow if it proves popular enough.

It’s 1:2.3 scale and I’ve made sure that it’s as accurate as possible. Even the cartridge slot is spring loaded and will fit the supplied miniature Sonic cartridge.

I know some would prefer that it actually plays games but given how easy it is to play them on other systems I wanted to concentrate on paying homage to the aesthetic and getting it just right (without HDMI and USB ports getting in the way). I also liked the idea of having 15-20 miniatures all on display such as this Mega Drive, the Dreamcast, Vectrex, Amiga, PC Engine* etc without the large space requirement and in some cases the cost of buying rarer systems. The hope is to be the Funko of games consoles and home computers!

Anyway, I’m really proud (and exhausted) so just wanted to share. This one is only available in Europe at the moment I’m afraid but I am working on fixing that. More images are here: https://retroelectromodels.com/product/retro-electro-sega-mega-drive-12-3-scale-model/

People have really loved them so far as you can see here: https://twitter.com/Malchedael_67/status/1102598365328691201

*Confirmation of the systems planned are under wraps for legal reasons but I am speaking to some of the largest (and smallest) games console manufacturers, past and present.

Shadowrunner

Looks great, very nice job. Pretty cool you have an official license too!

Just followed you on Twitter. :)

guest6424

I noticed. Awesome thanks. It's company policy to only release models with an official license. Makes things like the Commodore systems tricky, but we'll get there I'm sure.

Greyfox

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Congrats on getting the official licence, a bit of hard work paying off, thank you for joining here. How have sales gone so far?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest6424

Hey @zapiy. Only just seen your comment, sorry!

We've produced a limited run of 2000 units. Basically, once we sell those we can invest straight into getting the next model out!

zapiy

That is super cool, hope you sell them asap. Any info on the next model yet?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

guest6424

We can't say at the moment for legal reasons I'm afraid.

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...