New Sega Genesis Game: The Curse of Illmoore Bay.

Started by dra600n, January 23, 2019, 18:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dra600n

Hey everyone!

I'm back with a new game currently undergoing development, currently titled Project Halloweenville.

Here's a sample video: https://youtu.be/n77jaIdidtg

The game is planned to have 6 levels in total, with each level a unique scene, unique enemies, and a different boss for each level.

We're anticipating the game to be at completion near summer time. The progress has been excellent so far as most of the character actions have been programmed, the map engine is nearly 100% finished, and we're working hard on working out the finer details and getting each stage ready to be implemented into the engine.

I hope you like what we're up to!

Shadowrunner

Looks great so far! Keep us up to date on the development. :)

TrekMD

That looks really nice!  Glad to have you back!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Wow mate that looks completely awesome..

Can't wait to see more on this.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dra600n

Thanks!

Here's a video from late last night: https://youtu.be/utp-aPxh2d4

Better jump routine, changed some of the powers around a bit, added some new animations, etc.

Enjoy :)

TrekMD

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

zapiy

dra600n

https://youtu.be/BCoUjIDrBkk

I haven't had much time in the last few days to do much, but I managed to sneak in a half hour or so tonight. Nothing major, just started the collision routines and added in sprite ordering so the player sprite goes behind the enemy sprites once you reach a certain value higher.

zapiy

Loving where this is going, who's doing you all the sprites and so on?

TrekMD

I don't know if I've as you this before but, have you considered doing something like this for the Jaguar? 

dra600n

Quote from: zapiy on February 01, 2019, 11:54:27 AM
Loving where this is going, who's doing you all the sprites and so on?

Jav from Retro Nerve is doing the artwork, I'm doing the programming, and we're both brainstorming the finer details.

Quote from: TrekMD on February 01, 2019, 12:28:01 PM
I don't know if I've as you this before but, have you considered doing something like this for the Jaguar? 

I think you've asked about the Jaguar before :P I wouldn't rule it out, but I've never played a Jaguar (and don't even own one), so I wouldn't have the foggiest on where to begin.

TrekMD

You should consider programming for it (the Jaguar).  I would love to see an original game like this done on the system but take advantage of the hardware to create an even more impressive 2D game.