New Sega Genesis Game: The Curse of Illmoore Bay.

Started by dra600n, January 23, 2019, 18:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Thats a fair shout Trek, I think you would sell bucket loads of Jag games, something original like this, maybe a port of it, look how good Rayman is on the Jag just shows what can be achieved.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Yes, that's exactly why I'm bringing it up.  If there is one thing that can be done very well on the Jag is 2D platformers and other types of 2D games.  Yes, the machine can do 3D stuff but it excels with 2D and Rayman is one example of that.  I a game like Tanglewood would be ported and improved for the system as well.  It would be cool to see some new original homebrews like these on the system. 

Sorry to hijack the thread, dra600n but I love your games and I'm sure you'd make good work for the Jag.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

dra600n

Haha no worries :P

I'm recoding a good chunk of what I already did (fortunately it's not a whole lot), so this next video has some missing features (power-ups, enemy AI, attacks, and collisions) but I did add in collectibles, which is half of what this engine was made for xD

https://youtu.be/uNqleVGYAVA

TrekMD

dra600n

Thanks!

One issue I ran into, even with all the code optimization, was slowdown still. I decided to disable the HBlank (which was giving us a 5th palette to use) and viola - slowness be-gone. That means we'll need a new HUD design, but I think we have a new solution that will be in place soon :)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dra600n

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

zapiy

Looks awesome fella. Progress is rapid that's for sure.

dra600n

Alright, it's been a bit since I've given an update.

First, here's a video:
https://youtu.be/uGBMiam66P0

There's 2 music tracks in this preview - one at the intro screen (you can skip it if you want), and one for the stage. It's missing some sound effects still, and some things need tightening up, but it's coming along pretty well!

There's also some preview screens for the cut scenes :)

TrekMD

Wow, this is just getting better and better!  Fantastic job so far!

zapiy

Looks awesome mate. Progress has come on amazing.

Well done all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamcast Gamer

The music is very impressive.  It's actually some of the best I've heard on the Genesis so I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the complete soundtrack.

dra600n