Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Very nice! That 7800 Donkey Kong game is supposed to be really good.

TrekMD

Yes it is. It's as arcade accurate as it comes both in gameplay and graphics. This is the version that comes with a POKEY chip.  There is an XM version also but that depends on the chip in the XM unit.  Since the XM is not out yet (though work on it has been ongoing and there was a recent update from Curt), figured I'd get this one. 

TrekMD

These arrived today from the Atari Age store...

Cryptic33

Very nice, especially Crystal Quest 😉
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

Thank you.  Can imagine if Atari had released a game like that in the late 80's for the 7800?

Cryptic33

Quote from: TrekMD on July 08, 2017, 00:02:52 AM
Thank you.  Can imagine if Atari had released a game like that in the late 80's for the 7800?
Atari impressed me in their day but also frustrated and annoyed me by the lack of support. I was especially miffed at how here in the UK, we didn't get access to some of the better games especially on 8-bit. However, as you hint at, that game featuring the cutest bear of all time could have sold in the thousands or even millions! The mind boggles at the thought. Very pleased that a fellow BB fan has that game. I hope to see a review from you 😀🤞
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

Vadergb

TrekMD - I love your love for homebrew carts, they do seem to get more professional each year.

In fact I recently picked up Protector/Yasi for the Vectrex, two great homebrew games - A quick video of it running on my Vectrex is below.

https://twitter.com/VaderGB/status/883476999502786565

I also picked up a DivMMC cart for the Spectrum. Its from @futureis8bit and its jumperless, works on pretty much every spectrum and includes a Kempston joystick interface.

TrekMD

I do love homebrew games.  Those two you go for the Vectrex are excellent!

TrekMD

VictorLazarus

(I'm back after not being able to log in for a few weeks)

So much envy for US games. PS1 cases are better, fits on the shelves better than our EU thick PS1 jewel cases, and more easily replaceable. And the PS2 games have better artwork. Not to mention all the above play at 60hz.

Cool games, I just looked around my game room thinking I had Atari Anthology, but I don't, so now I must get it!

MVL.

TrekMD

I didn't realize the games were packaged so differently in Europe.  Why are the cases larger for the PS1 games?

AmigaJay

I was pondering a Neo Geo AES with SD Flash but decided it was just a tad too much, so i ordered another Neo Geo CDZ after owning one around 2000-2.

Will set-up a blog like my CD32 one, I've started making some nice jewel case covers with the spine intact as i prefer the look as new, i don't understand all these DVD covers for the systems that never used that size case?!

After that, will poke around and see what dev tools are available for hacks etc

Oh, bought a NeoGeo Pocket Color the other week too, so I've gone all SNK atm  :P
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018