Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

Thanks amigos.
Shadowrunner, my plan is to unbox all my Skunkboards and trial fit them inside the clear shells. Then drill a hole the size of the cable (not the plug) and fit the inside with a mechanism to prevent the cable from being pulled out of the socket by accident. Then, seal everything up in place and work on the labels.
If the mini usb cable that came with the Skunkboard is too long, I'll look for substitutes. Not sure about any of this but will be investigating soon. I'll post whatever I find in case someone else wants to do similar later on.
Al said he'll have the clear shells in AA store soon. :38:

TrekMD

It's cool that Al got those.  We may see Xevious on the Jaguar on those clear shell carts.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

TrekMD

Particularly if they add LED's inside!  Maybe someone will make a Christmas cart for the Jaguar to do that!  That'd be neat, like it's done for the NES every year.  Maybe someone can make Bentley Bear's Christmas Quest. :)

TrekMD

Here are my most recent arrivals...

[center:2tvyg2rf]

[/center:2tvyg2rf]

Saturn

Very nice additions! And loving that Dungeon Explorer :38:

TrekMD

Thanks!  Yes, I saw a video on it and wanted to get Dungeon Explorer!  Looks like a nice clone of Gauntlet!  :)

Shadowrunner

Castlevania Dacula X is a great game, plus the game Castlevania SOTN is unlockable on it which is an amazing game!

TrekMD

So I've read, which is why I decided to get it.  I'm surprised I had not gotten it before.

obriethe1st

Back again haven't had a chance to try the engine yet as it didn't arrive with an av cable and typically im at the other end of the uk as it arrived today. However that gives me something to look forward to when I get back along with pacland a game I've loved since playing at butlins as a nipper in the mid 80s. Shienryu is not what I was expecting but I guess I have been spoilt as my saturn shooter collection  is nearly complete. Also waiting for vampire hunter turning up as that only leaves 3 capcom vs 2d fighters to get,waiting for sf zero 3 at a good price is very frustrating. Anyhow peace all

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

TrekMD

These arrived this week...

[center:zo1q75ww]

[/center:zo1q75ww]

Cryptic33

Some very nice pick-ups there. Good to see the Artcade book in the flesh :)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

It sure is!  That was a surprise arrival.  I knew they were being shipped but I had no idea when mine would arrive.  :)

zapiy

Greyfox got his, and will be doing a review of the Artcade book soon I believe.

Nice purchases..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Cool.  The book does looks amazing.  I got the PDF version too so I can look at it on my tablet as well.  :)