Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I guess that is the signature of the guy who makes these homebrews.  All games end in X!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

I finally assembled these boxes.  I have all the games but they did not have standard boxes.  They came in CD cases or flimsy plastic cases.

TrekMD

TrekMD

These finally came in!  Not games but a documentary I supported on Kickstarter about the artwork on the boxes of games. 

Saturn

Nice. Sounds like an interesting, untapped topic :)

davyk

I like that type of thing. I picked the Art of Atari up kind of on a whim. I knew of its existence but was surprised to find it on the shelf in my local HMV. I picked it up there and then knowing I probably paid a few quid extra for that but didn't care.

Classic era Atari - arcade art and 2600 box art is a real love of mine.  Nothing matches that for me though JP N64 box art is a bit of a weakness of mine too. Comes close - but the Atari content is wrapped up in nostalgia associated with being a certain age in the late 70s/early 80s. It was a pioneering era too which makes it difficult to beat for me.

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Cool! Those Neo Geo controllers are really nice. I have Mr. Heli for the PC Engine, it's a fun game.

TrekMD

The Neo Geo controller also makes it more comfortable to play the games on the mini system.  I need to test it on my TV as that would be even better.  :)

TrekMD

Here are my latest arrivals.  I had been after one of these Space Age controllers for a while!

TrekMD

So, these are not new but I have upgraded their labels.  They look much nicer now.  :)

demongene

Not retro, but plays retro, just bought the super nt from anolouge. Then went to stoneage gamer and bought a sd2snes/ fxpak !! should mention got it on ebay as anolouge is sold out.

Shadowrunner

Cool, that's supposed to be a really good system.

TrekMD

TrekMD