Latest Retro Purchases (Games or Hardware)

Started by zapiy, October 21, 2011, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

TrekMD

Tried Zombie Revenge on my Nomad.  It's fun and I enjoyed it more than some reviews would have let me to believe!  Anyhow, this one arrived today after waiting for it for 3 years!  

[center:2n2943qj][/center:2n2943qj]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Great info about Zombie Revenge.
It took 3 years to track down a copy or was it on backorder? Anyway, very NICE 8)

TrekMD

Warrior is a homebrew release.  There were a number of issues that delayed it, including the overlay.  The first overlays were not up to par and they had to be redone. Creating Vectrex overlays is not an easy thing.  It's hard to get them colored well enough to be effective when playing games.

Saturn

Ah, understood. That must be a relief to finally have it in your possession  8)

Shadowrunner

Saturn

Thanks Shadowrunner. I want badly to learn about these two systems and play the games so figured I'd take the plunge and get the full on (available) experience underway. By ordering both at the same time, it actually discounted the Amiga one by $9.99. Pretty good deal imho :)

Shadowrunner

It's ColecoVision time!

The SGM looks just like something you would have bought in the 80's and I'm really happy with the quality of everything. Now I just need my arcade stick and I'll be set :)

TrekMD

Saturn

Shadowrunner

Thanks guys :) Going to try all the games out this weekend.

TrekMD

Only one item this week but a good one...

[center:1rtj3uju][/center:1rtj3uju]

Saturn

Wow, excellent score. Love that cover art too 8)

Saturn

Bought these Atari Jaguar cart end labels off Ebay a few days ago. They look to be excellent quality although I haven't had a chance to open them yet :113:

TrekMD

I have a set of these that I had gotten when first released.  I did run into one problem as they make come off the edges.  I used a blow dryer to heat them up a little and that took care of the issue.