Intellivision Amico

Started by TrekMD, October 24, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

jcjeremy518

They have been selling the gaming device quite fast and hopes next version of the device comes also making this gaming device a success.

TrekMD

TrekMD

Intellivision Amicoâ,,¢ Special Event from August 5, 2020 featuring all new gameplay footage, game and partnership reveals, announcements, Q&A, and more!

Ready for some Intellivision Amico gameplay? You can play the entire first level of Moon Patrol on your phone right now! Download the Amico Club app to play.

Shadowrunner

So I see this dumpster fire has been delayed till next year now. Sorry but I still think this will be a complete flop. I'm also having a hard time believing anything that comes out of Tommy Tallarico's mouth lol.

I think this would have been a huge success if it was made 20 years ago. That's when the people who grew up with the Intellivision were starting families. They would have bought this. The people with families now that they are trying to market this to have zero connection with the brand. They are not going to pay $250 for a console that plays mobile quality games.

TrekMD

This video was shared today...

One of the six confirmed pack-in games that comes with EVERY Intellivision Amico!  Designed originally by John Sohl and released in 1981, the original Astrosmash game on Intellivision was one of the most popular and biggest selling games for the original system.  So much so that it was ported to the Atari 2600 under the name Astroblast.

Our Amico Retro Re-imagined version is being developed by Rogue Rocket which is co-founded by original Earthworm Jim artist Nick Bruty.  Aside from single player, you can play with up to 4 players.  Including Co-Op or Versus modes.

Although Amico's broader appeal will cater to families and casual gamers, we also have games to be enjoyed by more serious gamers who are looking to enjoy the challenges of couch co-op and in person versus modes at a little higher level.

FUN FACT:  Astrosmash T-shirts are worn by the characters Cisco Ramon, in the first season of The Flash, and Sheldon Cooper, in various episodes of The Big Bang Theory.

Please note:  This is an unfinished work in progress sampling of the game.  More surprises on the way!  This was recorded and played directly from the Intellivision Amico system.

TrekMD

A new video shared by Tommy for the New Year...

TrekMD

Here's a sample of another game for the Amico...

zapiy

Looks fab, essentially these are flash games right?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Since Flash is no more, I don't believe so.

onthinice

TrekMD

Yes it is!  Interesting to see all the comments there are about this system...

TrekMD

TrekMD