Intellivision Amico

Started by TrekMD, October 24, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poundlander

Another thing I'm holding off on though interesting.  They've been quite clear on not wanting outside developers initially.   So, as an indie developer and publisher this can't be something I get into.  I'm hoping Collectorvision will get something going and then they might ease up a little.
Please check out my party favors at https://theloon.itch.io/
Downloadable Atari 2600 games such as Upp Plus Plus, Nitebear on Sleepystreet, Stranglehand and more!

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

Collectorvision has their new console now that is compatible with the ColecoVision and the 2600 with more compatibility coming:  Phoenix

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

There's a pretty good feud going on between Tommy Tallarico, and Pat and Ian from the CUPodcast. If you go to the link in my last post you can see his Twitter account and just go back a few days to see the start.

Pat and Ian have talked about the new Intellivision a couple of times and their view is that there's no market for it. You can see the videos on their YouTube channel. They're being respectful about it but Tommy keeps harrassing them about it on Twitter and it's getting a little comical.

TrekMD

Really?  I'll have to check that out. 

Shadowrunner

You should, it hasn't gotten too heated but it's definitely entertaining.

TrekMD

Tommy is very passionate about what he's trying to do with the Amico, so I can see how this will keep going, particularly because of how vocal Pat an Ian have been against it!

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Yep, things are heating up now lol. I imagine the thread on AA is pretty active!

TrekMD

I haven't even look in the AA thread but I imagine so! 

TrekMD

Well, I just looked in the AA thread and found this...

Hi Everyone,

This may be my last post on AtariAge.  I need one of the moderators to explain to me why people supporting me in this thread have had their posts deleted.  Tempest said he didn't want any "drama" and I think we all agree on that.  But the deleted posts that were sent to me on Facebook did not contain any drama and they were rightfully pointing out that I never attacked Pat on Twitter.  So please give me a response so I can make a decision as to whether or not I feel like this forum is a place that I would still like to participate in.  I enjoyed coming here to have fun and have positive discussions with like minded Intellivision fans like myself... but I can certainly do that at the Intellivision Invasion Facebook page as well (which I typically try to put some time in to).

In the meantime, I took an hour out of my day this morning to respond to Pat & Ian (aka long haired dude)  :D  Here is what I just posted and I hope you'll all take the time to watch it as I think it will help people understand why communicating and talking in person is so important.  Which is yet another big reason why Amico is going to be such a huge success.  :)

Yo PatTheNESpunk & pxlsicle. I took some time to give you a thoughtful response to your last video. Please watch & I hope that you better understand & you'll share my real feelings with your folks. And I hope to still talk to you guys if you'd like. This video is unlisted and no comments. Looking to set the record straight in a kind way. I reference or show MetalJesusRocks, johnblueriggs, THEREALRTU, RerezTV, DreamcastGuy, Attack, Victor_Lucas, SmashJT, kelslewin in the video. Hope it's okay. Thanks to all of our supporters and for the folks who misunderstand or have been led down a negative path... I hope you'll give a listen as well. This is why its important for people to communicate in person & not assume how someone feels without talking to them.

https://youtu.be/uiR7IvVp8TM

Tommy Tallarico
CEO/President
Intellivision Entertainment
www.IntellivisionEntertainment.com

Shadowrunner

Wow, a 51 minute response! I started watching until he compared the 3DO to the Ouya and the Coleco Chameleon. That's enough of his opinion.

Seriously, I completely agree with Pat and Ian here. I've been positive about this new Intellivision but that's because I'm their target audience. I don't think the general public is going to care about this. I also think Tommy is acting a little crazy!

TrekMD

I haven't watched the video yet.  I also do think this is great system for those of us who use retro systems.  I'm not sure modern gamers will support it either but we may yet be surprised.  There are many people who are more casual gamers who will be attracted to a system like the Amico.  If it does not do well, though, it won't be from lack of trying.  Tommy has been talking about the system plenty and he has a strong team behind him.

TrekMD

Smash JT sat in one of the most amazing places on Earth to perform an unconventional interview about a somewhat unconventional console, the Intellivision Amico.  Tommy Tallarico answers your questions about the upcoming Intellivision Amico while driving to Intellivision Headquarters... In his Ferrari.

TrekMD