Intellivision Amico

Started by TrekMD, October 24, 2018, 03:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

I would like to see this succeed but it holds little interest for me. The game graphics shown so far look amazing but it seems to lack that out of the ballpark title that makes me want to own the system.

TrekMD

I think that title may be Earthworm Jim.  We'll see when they post more on that one.

Here is another game teaser...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Bomb Squad looks interesting.

TrekMD

The National Video Game Museum in Frisco, TX graciously hosted Intellivision as they publicly demonstrated the new Intellivision Amico for the very first time.  Hear what they had to say!

TrekMD

TrekMD

Here's a video from Intellivision at E3 promoting the Amico that was released today...

TrekMD

Here's another video.  This time it is the 2021 promotional video for the system...

TrekMD

Hmm, this is interesting.  Boxes for games that are only available as downloads.  I suppose they are just collectibles?

TrekMD

The release has been delayed again, unfortunately.  Here is the update:

The team at Intellivision has been working tirelessly to bring Amico â€" our family-focused entertainment system â€" to eager households around the world. We’ve grown to a strong and stable company of more than 60 passionate team members spanning three continents, representing some of the industry’s best talent.  All of us are extremely excited to share Amico with you.

We originally planned to launch Amico in the Fall of 2020 but had to adapt during the midst of the global pandemic disrupting our production. Despite our best efforts, and now facing new unprecedented international component supply and logistics challenges beyond our control, we want to apologize as we are forced to push our desired launch date yet again.

In spite of these supply hurdles hampering our ability to fill all orders, we are focused and determined to deliver pre-ordered units by the end of the year. This will also allow us more time to optimize our operating system for future game development. We want to ensure that those who have anticipated the Amico for so long, get a chance to enjoy it as soon as possible. Of course, we will keep all of our customers and interested parties informed and updated on our continued progress.

Everyone at Intellivision wants to thank you, our dedicated fans and loyal followers for your enthusiasm and incredible unwavering support for Amico. As a special thank you to everyone who has pre-ordered an Amico, we will be sending out a very special thank you gift to you via e-mail next week. 

We cannot wait to share with you what we’ve built - and assure you the wait will be worth it.

The Intellivision Team

Shadowrunner

So I was reading about this latest delay a bit, and at this point I'm like 90% sure this will never be released. Sending out an email to announce the third delay of your console at midnight on a Friday does not give me any confidence in your product lol.

The hardware isn't finished, the controller isn't finished, the UI isn't finished, and the games aren't finished. To have this out to backers before the end of the year it would have to hit production very soon. You can't start production when nothing is finished! The fans and backers of this are already starting to get a little vocal and it's only going to get worse at the end of the year when they don't receive anything. Hope I'm wrong but I just don't see how this has any chance of success.

TrekMD

The same thing was said of the VCS, yet it was delivered to supporters and it is currently on sale.  So, who knows?  It is far from being successful but it did see release.  The same may happen here.  They sent an email today giving a "consolation prize" due to the delay.  They are sending a download for the Video Games Live Collector's Edition Compendium and bonuses, which they say is valued at over $200. 

Here is a video talking about it:

TrekMD

Here's a video explaining the physical media for the Amico...

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

So I see Albert over at AtariAge has finally had enough of Tommy lol. Closed the Amico topic and then completely removed it!

TrekMD

That's been the talk on other forums.  He said he will consider reinstating the Amico section of the forum when the systems are actually in people's hands.  So, I'm guessing he hid it.