PolyMega

Started by TrekMD, September 06, 2018, 02:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Figured I'd share this. Yet another console that plays retro games for various systems, the PolyMega...

The world's most compatible game console has arrived. This is Polymegaâ,,¢. Pre-order now at polymega.com.

Play PlayStation, Saturn, Neo Geo CD, TurboGrafx-CD, Sega CD right on the Base Unit. Expand your compatibility with Element Module Sets for cartridge based systems like NES, SNES, TurboGrafx-16 / PC-Engine, and Genesis / Mega Drive.

More Details, Info, and Pre-Order at https://www.polymega.com/

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

Yet another one. Where does it end?

AmigaJay

Site been down last couple of days, no chance to look at the options yet!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

I've seen printed ads for this.  It's a modular system so you get the modules you want for the consoles you want to play.  I don't believe it will emulate any of the Atari systems. 

Shadowrunner

Sounds cool but I get a privacy warning just trying to go to their site lol.

TrekMD

Oh, well, I can't even get to their site!  Not even to get info out of curiosity!  LOL

AmigaJay

News this will no longer have FPGA on the base unit and will be pure software emulation has only been said AFTER some people have preordered! No wonder they are asking for money back, its the main selling point and just leaves the expensive module system as pure software emulation you can get anywhere else....talk about kicking yourself in the foot as you try to finally launch it GAME OVER for this now.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Yep, this no longer has any appeal, main reason I never posted that info on the FP.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

They've been advertising it on retro magazines but being it only software emulation, it doesn't offer any advantage over what's out there already. 

zapiy

With an FPGA onboard it would kill all those, now its only emulation, no need for it. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

The only saving point once they went back on FPGA was a cheap price point, the base unit, one cartridge unit and int shipping which is a crazy $125 alone! Comes to $435 (£336) then add 20% import duty takes it to a cool £400! Nah even at £200 for software emulation its pushing it, doubt they will many international orders tbh

zapiy

I think the only people after this will be those that like the modular aspect and let's be honest it does look stunning and I'm sure that will get it a few orders alone, will die quicker than the Ouya.

davyk

Fake Saturn footage - that's the arcade version of Sega Rally.   :(

Forces me to have my doubts. Without Saturn, DC,  N64 support etc it's just another Retron.  :(