bjl dump command

Started by walter_j64bit, August 23, 2018, 01:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walter_j64bit

IDK about the motherboard, :'( win 98 just hangs on boot up but when in safe mod win98 runs just fine  :o Xp is sluggish but any way, I think my Jag isn't talking to my laptop. What model Jag you got your bjl installed on a M model or a K model?  Thanks.   

Saturn

walter_j64bit

OK, I've got my installed on the M model too, say when your BJL Rom is switched on can you run a Jag cart? I can't if a cart does run it only for a short time than the Jag crashes. What version of the BJL you're using? I've got 1.06.d. 

Saturn

I have no idea which version of the bjl rom was used. Stone did this for me back in 2003. I shipped it to the UK, he did the replacement and sent it back. Not sure what it was up to at the time. Version #.
Mine has a switch on the side w/ 3 positions. All the way one direction plays regular games. The middle position does... nothing and all the way the other direction loads the bjl rom. I put it here while connected to the XP pc then run the commands from the DOS prompt. The first command, lo_inp -8 BJL_DUMP.BIN, turns the screen orange. The next command, BJL_DUMP try.rom 0 800000 0, starts the dump and the kb countdown.
Not sure what's happening with your setup but sounds like the Jaguar isn't playing the games consistently so that would make the length of time to dump one impossible already.
Not sure what else to try save for a 2nd Jag with another bjl rom. Would be nice if there was a resource for this in the states. I found and posted about a site with the ROMs and bought the kit. http://www.retrovideogamer.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=7029.msg91919#msg91919
Can't solder/desolder to save my life so kinda stuck with this one Jag.

walter_j64bit

QuoteStone did this for me back in 2003.
This why your bjl works and mine don't, :P too bad Stone isn't around any more his Jag know how is just awesome! Oh I've got more than one Jag kicking around here ;) I'm going try some things out I need to get my hands on the Jag os and put it back and try out the More Than Games bjl kit and see if that helps out, I'm going to check that link you post and see if I've missed anything. 8) Thanks!

Saturn

Yeah, too bad Stone disappeared. I've thought about sending him a PM just to see if he'd respond. You could always try the same with Linkovitch or Matthias. Maybe one of them would be willing to take on the task. I want to get my other Jags done but haven't reached out to them about it. It's on my list of things to do.. lol.

walter_j64bit

I've just PMed LinkoVitch my Jag is setup in the same way he has his Jag setup, he told me that my BJL Jag is having it's version of the "red screen" so my BJL Jag needs a cleaning but I'm not having any luck so far with dumping a rom  ::) I'm thinking it might be the cables I'm using or my Jag just can't talk to my laptop.  ???
Oh I've got my Laptop in working order I had to fdisk my Hard drive aka "SDcard" and reinstall win98 and this time I've installed Windows 2000. I've found out why windows Xp was running slow a mini PCi card is acting up time to do some more home work on this card.  :o 

Saturn

Awesome! I'm glad you're pushing forward. Hopefully it just is the cable. I believe zapiy was talking about building and selling bjl cables a while back. Not sure where the thread is but you might ask him about it. I have one cable that Stone built and never had a problem so if your troubleshooting has led to this, it might be worth checking next. If it still doesn't work the only 2 things that I would think that's left are the lpt port (but since you have a nos mobo that doesn't seem likely) or the bjl ROM chip itself. Has it ever worked in bjl mode? I mean for uploading a file to the Jag's RAM how it was intended?

Hope you get it resolved!

walter_j64bit

LOL, hurricane Florence is on the way to the Carolina's,  :-\  Florence has got me just worried. All things Jag related are on hold.  >:(  I've got my Atari Lynx with the batter pack ready and I got my Sega Game Gear with the LED mod ready too.  8) I'll get my game on if things don't get too bad here in Goldsboro. 

Saturn

Hope you all stay safe. Will be watching that hurricane :-\

zapiy

Fingers crossed for you fella..

Awesome thread btw lads.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Hope for the best and be safe!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

walter_j64bit

:o, Hurricane Florence  >:(  has frazzled my family and my nerves we lost power for two days we lost a surge protector all my devices that was on the surge protector are in working order  ;D but the refrigerator wasn't on a surge protector so that's isn't working right  :'( we had to get a replacement refrigerator.   I'll be back on bjl dumpping soon.  :P

TrekMD

Glad to see you're OK after the storm, despite the frazzling.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Quote from: walter_j64bit on September 19, 2018, 13:48:27 PM
:o, Hurricane Florence  >:(  has frazzled my family and my nerves we lost power for two days we lost a surge protector all my devices that was on the surge protector are in working order  ;D but the refrigerator wasn't on a surge protector so that's isn't working right  :'( we had to get a replacement refrigerator.   I'll be back on bjl dumpping soon.  :P

Quote from: TrekMD on September 19, 2018, 15:04:48 PM
Glad to see you're OK after the storm, despite the frazzling.  :)

Yes, glad you're ok! :)