Atari 2600 Game by Game Podcast

Started by TrekMD, May 28, 2017, 14:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I recently discovered this podcast dedicated to the Atari 2600 and I've been binge-listening for the past several weeks.  I'm up to episode 65 now and still have plenty to go.  If you like the 2600, you should have a listen to this podcast.  You can find the podcast on iTunes, Google Play and other podcast services. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

The latest episode has been released and it reviews the game Enduro, by Activision!  My most favorite racer on the 2600.  You can listen to the episodes (it's a 2-part episode) here AX-026, Enduro! or through your favorite Podcast player.  Enjoy!

TrekMD

Here is Ferg's announcement for the latest episode: Popeye!

Happy New Year! Today's episode is about Popeye by Parker Brothers, based on the Nintendo arcade game, which in turn is based on the Popeye cartoons, which in turn again is based on the original comic strip which didn't originally feature Popeye (I know, right?!). Lots of great feedback, thank you all so much! Coming up next is Congo Bongo by Sega. If you have feedback for this game, please get it to me by January 21st. I am trying to turn over a new podcasting leaf, hopefully starting on feedback earlier will help. Thank you all so much for listening!

Listen here:  Popeye by Parker Brothers

TrekMD

5003002, Wall Ball!
Hi there, thanks for your patience for this episode on Wall Ball from Avalon Hill. I was finishing the editing on Wednesday morning when Sarah went to work. We thought the front porch was wet, but it was covered with ice. She fell and it was very scary, she was in a lot of pain. I ended up bringing her to the doctor to find out she had bruised her ribs. She is doing better now but the pain sneaks up on her still. Thanks to all of you again for your patience and well wishes.

Extra special thanks to Hoji and Kate Scott, who both helped me with this show by telling me about the programmer, Duncan Scott. Duncan sadly passed away in 2011, but when I contacted Kate she was very gracious and willing to help. She got together with her mom and they both answered the questions I sent. Thank you both so much!

Next up is the prototype for Tempest, by Atari. This is readily available on Flashback systems and also on Atari Age. I would love to hear your feedback on Tempest which you can send to me at 2600gamebygame@gmail.com. Please send it to me by the end of the day February 18th. Thank you so much for listening!

Listen here:  Wall Ball!

TrekMD

Episode 152:  Plaque Attack!
Welcome to the exciting world of TEETH! This week I'm taking a look at Plaque Attack by Steve Cartwright and published by Activision.

Listen here:  Activision Plaque Attack

TrekMD

Latest Episode:  Climber 5 by Dennis Debro!

Greetings fellow Climbers! In this episode, I speak with Dennis Debro about his first homebrew game, Climber 5! We also talk about his Pac-Man 4K homebrew and much of the work he's done helping other homebrewers. It was a great conversation and I am grateful to Dennis for talking with me.

Listen Here

TrekMD

Latest Episode:  Fireball!

This episode is about Fireball by Arcadia/Starpath, a Breakout style game for the 2600.

Listen Here