The Sega Dreamcast Thread

Started by TL, July 25, 2012, 19:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

This is an interesting upgrade for the Dreamcast.  Check it out...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Has anyone seen this before?  I had not heard of this until this video...

Shadowrunner

I've seen it before but I had never really looked into just what it was. Not something I would have a use for but it does look nice, if you got all the parts that is lol.

TrekMD

Yes, I thought it was cool but it's not for everyone.

davyk

Managing game saves on the Dreamcast

:)

Use of VMU colours and icons can help a bit...

compot

I am just about to buy myself one of these beautiful machines this week.
I have question regarding a Pal Dreamcast that i have seen for sale that has a small black wire coming out from its back, near the AV out port. The seller dosen't know what it is but he sais it looks factory made. What do you guys think that it can be? :-\ Kind regards.

TrekMD

Hmm, that's interesting.  No idea what that is.  Mine is NTSC but it doesn't have that wire and I can't seem to find anything about it online.

Shadowrunner

Yeah that's really strange. I've never seen that before but I would guess it's some kind of mod. You could always ask the seller to open it up and see what the wire is connected to. Might give you a better idea of what it's for.

compot

Well, the seller tested the one with the wire coming out from the back and it dosen't work. It dosen't read discs. Needless to say, i bought the other one. The seller told me he would let me know when he opens that one up, so i guess we'll find out.

TrekMD

Interesting.  I'm quite curious.  The wire looks like the type of antenna some clocks have. 

davyk

Odd looking. Havent seen anything like that before.

zapiy

Never seen anything like that before. 

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

davyk

Quote from: TrekMD on August 21, 2020, 14:10:45 PM
Interesting.  I'm quite curious.  The wire looks like the type of antenna some clocks have. 

Maybe its a mod to improve the system clock? Longer battery life + radio signal?

Saturn

Immediately popped in my head it was the ground wire going to the laser transport, ie; why it won't read disks.
But, I know little of the DC internals so any guess is as good. Would be interesting to find out what that little bugger goes to!

davyk

Could be just a disconnected wire as you say. The simplest explanation is usually correct.