Iconic Games You Have Never Played

Started by TL, July 25, 2012, 14:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

We were talking about this in the chat box and I thought it would make a great thread!

So what iconic / famous games are out there that you have never played and why?

For me its got to be Mario games, Zeldas and Final Fantasy games. This is because I can't stand platformers and RPGs.

Shadowrunner

I was never really into the SNES so I have never played the original Mario kart or Star Fox to name a couple.  One of the few consoles I never owned but it's at the top of my list to pick up.

Vyothric

Being a PC gamer back in the day I'm always catching up on these. I think there are still some PC classics that I've never played too, since most of the games I played were ones that came free with magazines.

Some of these may be less "iconic" than others, but are all fairly well known...I think - I've never played...Baldur's Gate, Breath of Fire, Civilisation, Chrono Trigger, Diablo, Double Dragon, Dune, Final Fantasy, Grim Fandango, Metal Gear Solid, Phantasy Star, Populous, Tomb Raider, Shenmue, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, System Shock*, X-Com

Those are just some of the ones I can think of right now  :P

*I played System Shock 2 for a few minutes - hated the re-spawning.

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I was never really into the SNES so I have never played the original Mario kart or Star Fox to name a couple.  One of the few consoles I never owned but it's at the top of my list to pick up.

I have never been into the SNES either but have played plenty of games on it, I borrowed one for a while once.

I have always found it a very unispiring console and it's still bottom of my list to pick up.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I was never really into the SNES so I have never played the original Mario kart or Star Fox to name a couple.  One of the few consoles I never owned but it's at the top of my list to pick up.

I have never been into the SNES either but have played plenty of games on it, I borrowed one for a while once.

I have always found it a very unispiring console and it's still bottom of my list to pick up.

Understandable considering you don't like RPGs or platformers.
That's gotta be at least half the library of games released for it.

zapiy

That's a hard question and one i doubt i can answer properly but i will try and it may take a few posts lol.

To start i will look at PC games, most will be MMO's

Rift
Guild Wars
EVE
Everquest

I guess this list could be huge but this are just a few that i wish i had time for past and present.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"That's a hard question and one i doubt i can answer properly but i will try and it may take a few posts lol.

To start i will look at PC games, most will be MMO's

Rift
Guild Wars
EVE
Everquest

I guess this list could be huge but this are just a few that i wish i had time for past and present.

I have never even heard of any of those  :o

Greyfox

@laird you should give your Jag and lynx a rest..and find out about these games :)

For me, games I never played where the command and conquer games or pik-man game on the game cube, full throttle or any of the  Lucas Arts adventure games or any of the X-wing games series, So there is lots there, I could go on and on..or anything on the spectrum computer, never played any of the games created on that, so this equals to 1,000s. Lol. 

TL

Quote from: "Greyfox"@laird you should give your Jag and lynx a rest..and find out about these games :-

I love Command & Conquer though on the Saturn, great game.

Vyothric

Quote from: "Greyfox"@laird you should give your Jag and lynx a rest..and find out about these games :-

If you've never played one then good. Everyone should avoid them at all costs. I made the mistake of playing one once. Way more bad times than good.

TL

Quote from: "Vyothric"If you've never played one then good. Everyone should avoid them at all costs. I made the mistake of playing one once. Way more bad times than good.

Never touched on and never want to!

Some more really big games I have never played:

Halo (any of them)
Metal Gear Solid (any of them)
Resident Evil 2+ (only played the first one)

Vyothric

I think I did actually try the first Halo game. I just didn't see what the big deal was.

Personally, Resident Evil 2 is my favourite of the series - by quite a long way. Haven't played any of the later games though like 4 or 5 or whichever one they're on now.

I also haven't played: Medal of Honour, Gran Turismo

Minerals

Resident Evil: Code Veronica was the best one of the series.

Ive still yet to play Super Mario Galaxy or Zelda: Skyward Sword. I think i have pretty much played almost every other big game that i wanted to.

Carlos

Elite, never had a Beeb and never splashed out for it on the Speccy, I think it was quite dear?

TL

Quote from: "Carl"Elite, never had a Beeb and never splashed out for it on the Speccy, I think it was quite dear?

I played the BBC version but always wondered what all the fuss was about.

I have never played many of the C64 games people bang on about like Uridium, Sanaxion, Paradroid, Mayhem In Monsterland and Armalyte.