Iconic Games You Have Never Played

Started by TL, July 25, 2012, 14:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Never touched on and never want to!

Some more really big games I have never played:

Halo (any of them)
Metal Gear Solid (any of them)
Resident Evil 2+ (only played the first one)

Never played any of these either on a modern console.  I do have Halo 2600.  Does that count?   ;D

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Some more I thought of:

I have only played the first Tomb Raider

Never played any Leisure Suit Larry games

Havn't played any version of FIFA past 1996

Greyfox

I never played any of the Shenmue games, which are listed as one of the try before you die gaming lists out there

another was the Final Fantasy games, just for the love nor money could never get into them!

the Command and Conquer games where another, although i did try red alert when it first came out and didn't like it..so maybe that's why.

there is of course lots more..but I'd be here all day listing them...

Vyothric

Quote from: "The Laird"Never played any Leisure Suit Larry games

Haven't played these either.

Quote from: "The Laird"Havn't played any version of FIFA past 1996

I think I've played FIFA 93.

Some others I haven't played:

Another World, Contra, Crash Bandicoot, Killer Instinct, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Spyro the Dragon, Thunder Force IV

TL

Thread bump as I noticed somebody saying the other day that they had never played Spy Hunter!

The platformers feature in RG made me realise I have never played any Crash Bandicoot games!

Vyothric

I've now played Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Thunder Force IV and also Killer Instinct for a few minutes, but still haven't played any of the others I mentioned in my previous posts.

Bobinator

Wing Commander, along with X-Wing/Tie Fighter. Well, I have VAGUE memories of playing a little bit of one of the Star Wars flight sims, but this was so long ago I still think it doesn't count. I don't do flight simulators for the most part, unless they're really "arcadey" like Decent.

Final Fantasy 7. Not big on JRPGs.

Metal Gear Solid. Not that big on stealth games, really.

Any Jeff Minter game. Although, since Tempest 2000 has a DOS port, I could, at the least, look into that.

Myst & The 7th Guest. I'm not really into logic puzzles.

TL

Quote from: "Bobinator"Any Jeff Minter game. Although, since Tempest 2000 has a DOS port, I could, at the least, look into that.

Seriously missing out there!

davyk

Halo, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest.

All the modern muck like Bioshock and Gears of War etc. that just don't interest me - anyone here think I should give them a go?

Elite.

Anything with FIFA in the title.

Vyothric

Quote from: "davyK"All the modern muck like Bioshock and Gears of War etc. that just don't interest me - anyone here think I should give them a go?

No. I did try Bioshock (the first one) and it looked like it would be quite good, but the enemies constantly respawn and that just killed it for me.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "davyK"Halo, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest.

All the modern muck like Bioshock and Gears of War etc. that just don't interest me - anyone here think I should give them a go?

Elite.

Anything with FIFA in the title.

I've played Gears 1 and 2 but didn't care enough about the series to bother with the 3rd game so for me it's not a must play series. Bioschock on the other hand is incredible! Loved the first two games and going to pick up Infinite real soon. I definitely think you should try that series but that's just my opinion  :)

dcultrapro

pretty much anything from Nintendo's back catalogue of 8 bit, 16 bit and 64 bit titles I've NEVER played, stand out ones are Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, stuff like that, I have a Gamecube and Wii so I've played some stuff and I've played the odd Mario via either emulation or friends houses in the past but have no idea which ones I've played lol

I also never played on any of the OLDER Atari consoles, only had a passing period of Spectrum ownership and my brother and father had commodores... but for commodore AND Spectrum I have absolutely NO IDEA what games I played lol... other than Batman and Ghost Busters 2... I know I played them!

So yeah I missed virtually every Atari and Amiga classic and any other home pc or console game consider a classic until the Mega Drive/Master System lol

:9:
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Quote from: "dcultrapro"pretty much anything from Nintendo's back catalogue of 8 bit, 16 bit and 64 bit titles I've NEVER played, stand out ones are Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, stuff like that, I have a Gamecube and Wii so I've played some stuff and I've played the odd Mario via either emulation or friends houses in the past but have no idea which ones I've played lol

I also never played on any of the OLDER Atari consoles, only had a passing period of Spectrum ownership and my brother and father had commodores... but for commodore AND Spectrum I have absolutely NO IDEA what games I played lol... other than Batman and Ghost Busters 2... I know I played them!

So yeah I missed virtually every Atari and Amiga classic and any other home pc or console game consider a classic until the Mega Drive/Master System lol

:33: :4:

dcultrapro

yeah... maybe I should just be renamed "DreamcastPro" or something lol... I've got 76 Saturn games now but that still doesn't make me a pro lol...
Ultrapro on xbox live

Bobinator

Oh, yeah, what else... I think I've played like a grand total of three Spectrum games, so I'm assuming I haven't played a lot of stuff people would call "iconic".

I also haven't played any Halo since the first, or any Call of Duty.