Old School Gamer Magazine

Started by TrekMD, May 17, 2018, 02:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I don't think I had posted this before.  Old School Gamer Magazine is a new retro magazine that is really nicely done and can be either subscribed to for print issues or digital.  There is an offer for a free digital subscription, so I'm including a link to that so you can check it out. The magazine is up to issue #4.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Thanks fella, i'll sign up to that.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

DeadVoivod

Gonna definitely check it out. Although I never understand why there's still people bringing out those magazines when there's Retro Gamer out since many years. I own every single issue, meanwhile they're at 170 (or 180), can't remember exactly.

TrekMD

It's nicely done and why not?  Never hurts to have some variety.  :)

Cryptic33

So, there is no way of ordering back issues?
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

TrekMD

I believe you can.  Just go here:  https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/product/back-issues/

I've written an article for them and submitted it.  It is an expanded look at the Supercharger. 

TrekMD

In Issue #5 of Old School Gamer Magazine...

Check out this issue by clicking here.

OSG #5 is available digitally now for all subscribers and will be in the mailboxes of print subscribers early next week... This "action-packed" issue puts the emphasis sports games in the realm of retro gaming.

We start out with NBA Jam and Mutant Football League, including our interview with Michael Mendheim and Tim Kitzrow (which was an absolute blast to do while we were at the Midwest Gaming Classic back in April.)
    We go on to cover Early Computer Baseball, Sports Controllers and Atari's great early Football Arcade Game.
    Then it's.2600 vs. Intellivision in the sports arena (just guess who wins), Sports games in the Arcade and at home and more.

Plus we unveil an occasional column called "I Didn't Know My Retro Console Could Do That" featuring a cool Pickle Game for your 2600 from GoodDealGames.Com and some cool releases from AtariAge.Com. A review of the Going for Golden Eye movie, the Walter Day Report, Warren Davis remembering arcade industry trade shows and reviews of products to help you take care of your consoles and more!

Check out the digital version of OSG #5 for free at https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/magazineosg/osg05/.

Print subscribers should receive their copies in the mail during the next 2 weeks.

TrekMD

Old School Gamer Magazine Issue 8 is out today for online reading.  The print issue will follow soon.  This issue has an article I wrote quite a few months ago looking at the Starpath Supercharger for the Atari 2600, so be sure to check it out.

Shoot 'Em Ups..... we love to button mash on them at the arcades.  But its not all about slamming those buttons as Walter Day talks about in the Art of Shooting!  Or how about the greatest Atari 2600 Shooters by Brett Weiss, and the Darius Series arcade games that Adam Pratt talks about on page 28.

Plus cool articles on PUCK-Man being renamed, Horowitz's History talking bout 32X - Star Wars Arcade plus Mini Arcades, Ed Kelley, Tetris and Joseph Saelee and more! Read all about it!  Even better subscribe to the print edition and get it in your mailbox too!

Read Here:  https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/magazineosg/osg08/

zapiy

Nice one bud, will check that out.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

TrekMD

I have an article coming up in one of the next issues.  In the meantime, check out this issue and consider subscribing!

Issue #16 Is Now Online - Coin Up!
By Bill Donohue

Welcome to the Thunderdome! Two men enter; one man leaves. IT’S DYIN’ TIME!!!... Oops! Sorry... I was reliving the late 80’s... Not an easy task if you were as crazy as I was back then. What we have here is the Late 80’s issue of OSG, loaded with incredible stories about Double Dragons, Robot Monsters, the End Of Days, Defenders, Game-Changing Consoles, insane Asylums, and a hedgehog named Lizzy. So grab a cold one and dive into gaming history!

Hey, If you’ve got something to say about our labor of love here, feel free to shoot me an email. I’d love to hear from y’all! My email is billd.oldschoolgamer@gmail.com.

Issue #16 - Click Here To Read Online

Greyfox