Dreamcast Lightgun Games

Started by zapiy, July 23, 2012, 20:12:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

I only have HoTD2.. time to not only collate a list here but time for me to get a few more.

List your favs please?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

I also only have HOTD2 so I guess that makes it my fave. LOL
I seem to remember trying a demo for silent scope and thinking it would be a good one to get.

zapiy

I was thinking that could be my next pickup..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DreamcastRIP

Confidential Mission
Virtua Cop 2
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

tomwaits

Silent Scope doesn't support the DC light gun. It's controller only.

There are also two Death Crimson light gun games for DC. They're not very good, but if you finish the three Sega games and still want something else to shoot at...

zapiy

Is there any Point Blank type games on the DC?

DreamcastRIP

I didn't realise there were so many DC light guns released!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreamcast_light_guns

Also, I see the game Demolition Racer: No Exit (NTSC-U/C-only) featured light gun support for its 'Big Car Hunter' mini-game.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

dubchaser

I have 2 DC light guns; the Sega Dreamcast Gun and the Mad Catz's Dream Blaster.  Both are as good as each other in my opinion.

So far as games I have HOTD and Confidential Mission.

zapiy

Wow cheers DC, will bag me a few of them.

tomwaits

Did some checking on the light gun homebrews listed on that wiki page.

SMSPlus & NesterDC are emulators for Master System & NES/Famicom. Pretty neat that they support the DC light gun.

Looks like bloop was only a demo:
http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... loop-demo/

Can't find Pop a Cap for download, but I saw comments that it was released as part of a contest to write a child-friendly Dreamcast homebrew. Also saw comments that it's too simplistic, even for kids.

I played Revolver long ago. It doesn't compare to the commercial games, but not bad for a homebrew.
http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamca ... /revolver/

I have Demolition Racer and it's a pretty good game. Never knew about the light gun mini-game, but the actual game is worth a cheap buy regardless.

TL

zapiy

I have to HAVE that gun... NOW.....Awesome :D

dcultrapro

that is pretty FREAKING AWESOME!! I had a gun that did the recoil thing or blowback whatever it is, think it was a game for Time Crisis on PS1... I also have Confidential Mission and House Of The Dead 2, I have Death Crimson OX, is that light gun? I've never played it
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

WOW!!!! That would be so cool to have one!!!!