Data East Mini Player

Started by Shadowrunner, May 03, 2018, 14:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Data East have been putting their classic arcade games in all kinds of devices lately, and the latest is a mini arcade cab!

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/products/data-east-mini-player

It looks very cool and with 30 games included there's lots to play, but it's $99.99 and only 10" tall with a 4.25" screen. If it were a little bit bigger or a bit cheaper I would be all over this. Great idea though!

Vadergb

Wow that's got "Retro shelf item" written all over it.

I love Data East games, They are also doing single game versions with Heavy Barrel, Caveman Ninja, Bad Dudes, karate Champ and my favourite Burgertime at $35 each. They dont seem to list the 30+ titles on the mini player which is a shame.

https://www.myarcadegaming.com/collections/mini-arcades

Shadowrunner

Yeah I was trying to find a complete game list but I don't see it anywhere. It would look great on a retro shelf.

Saturn

That is amazing. I'd love to have one but the size and price kinda kill it for me too :(

zapiy

Omg I’m in love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DeadVoivod

Cute.

I have a JXD7800 handheld with a 7” screen, it’s portable, bigger screen, more games...

The price is ok in my opinion, there’s just no real use for it, sadly.

TrekMD

That looks cool.  I actually have a handheld with tons of games that they sold this past holiday season.  They were being liquidated at Staples, of all places!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

Actually it's not the 7800, but the 7300s I have.

Greyfox

This looks deadly as well and with that a small unboxing and review along with a few more games not mentioned on the website inside this video and just to mention THIS USA ONLY SHIPPING can't be purchased outside of the US >:( :P :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AicH8sI8sRI

Shadowrunner

Thanks for the video.  :)

The screen size actually looks good but I still wish the cabinet itself was a bit bigger just so that the joystick and buttons weren't quite so small. That sucks about the shipping. Hopefully a UK company will start selling it.

zapiy

Looks awesome. I’m sure we could get one if we wanted it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

Quote from: zapiy on May 05, 2018, 00:13:45 AM
Looks awesome. I’m sure we could get one if we wanted it lol.

I'll do the review ;)

TrekMD

I have to see how the game list on this compares to my portable Data East system.  It may be the same games but in a different format. 

TrekMD

I can't find a game list but it does have games that I don't have on my Data East portable which is made by the same company, My Arcade.