SNK Is Releasing A "Neo Geo Classic Edition"

Started by TrekMD, April 20, 2018, 02:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

AmigaJay

Wow cant believe there is no battery inside! As he says, its not usable as a portable now, cant even charge it up, pretty poor decision to make imo.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Why would they do that, unbelievable decision.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

It is a very strange decision. They must have really wanted to hit that price but I think most people buying this would have payed a bit more to have an internal battery.

I did see one review where they mentioned it would run off of a portable charger. Not perfect but better than nothing and I know I have a couple of them sitting here collecting dust. I'd finally have a reason to use them!

AmigaJay

Thats the trouble with more and more manufacturers, they EXPECT us to have the stuff to be able to run what we are buying, same for the NES Mini etc, but at least in that case that came with a hdmi cable.
But come on, them selling thousands it would cost only pennies to add them, sign of things to come? sure, am i bothered? yeah could sway me to not buy one now.

Neo Geo was a sign of luxury, this product has no battery, no cables and no joypad for 2 player, heck you even have to put the decals on yourself, far from the luxery look, even the Neo Geo X looked and was packaged better than this (emulation not withstanding).
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Shadowrunner

Just saw that Amazon is selling these for $29.99 right now. Only on the American site but if that's where you live and you don't have one that is a great deal!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07D1KN661/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

TrekMD

That's an awesome deal!  I went ahead and ordered it.  I never had a NeoGeo and I don't think you can go wrong at that price.  It seems the one that is white, red, and blue is also on sale but for twice the price.  Besides the aesthetic difference, I watched some reviews and it seems that model's screen is darker than on the International model that is selling for $29.99.  The game selection is also not the same.  There are 14 games that are different. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Cool! You really can't go wrong with that price.