SNK Is Releasing A "Neo Geo Classic Edition"

Started by TrekMD, April 20, 2018, 02:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Most likely.  I would even be OK if they sold a card system with game packages that would let you expand the titles on the system.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Quote from: DeadVoivod on April 20, 2018, 06:25:59 AM
Plus like I mentioned already before, using RetroArch on a PS3 does the job very well, and you have ALL their games.

Not to derail the thread but can you point me to where more info on setting this up might be? Would love to have this on PS3 as I don't use it for a lot at the moment.
Sounds pretty awesome to access all their stuff on it 8)

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

DeadVoivod

TrekMD

Looks much better than the fake design, at least.  :)

pinkabyss74

Quote from: Saturn on April 21, 2018, 23:30:42 PM
Plus like I mentioned already before, using RetroArch on a PS3 does the job very well, and you have ALL their games.

Not to derail the thread but can you point me to where more info on setting this up might be? Would love to have this on PS3 as I don't use it for a lot at the moment.
Has to be a modded console, you have to have a system that has had 3.56 support so basically anything up to a fairly early slim I think
James Dignam ~ pinkabyss74
YouTube

Shadowrunner

Sounds like this is the real thing. Looks okay but I have zero interest in a 3.5" screen. Game list is also okay but not great.

Top Players Golf is included but Big Tournament Golf is a much better game and should have been in it's place.

Art of Fighting is here but the two sequels which are vastly improved games are missing.

Super Sidekicks is here but again the sequels are much better and missing.

No Baseball Stars.

No Aero Fighters.

No racing games.

Very few Shmups.

Looks like there are no third party titles which explains why some games are missing but still disappointing.

Saturn

Quote from: pinkabyss74 on May 04, 2018, 14:53:55 PM
Quote from: Saturn on April 21, 2018, 23:30:42 PM

Has to be a modded console, you have to have a system that has had 3.56 support so basically anything up to a fairly early slim I think
Thanks for the info :D

Quote from: Shadowrunner on May 04, 2018, 15:28:58 PM
Sounds like this is the real thing. Looks okay but I have zero interest in a 3.5" screen. Game list is also okay but not great.

Top Players Golf is included but Big Tournament Golf is a much better game and should have been in it's place.

Art of Fighting is here but the two sequels which are vastly improved games are missing.

Super Sidekicks is here but again the sequels are much better and missing.

No Baseball Stars.

No Aero Fighters.

No racing games.

Very few Shmups.

Looks like there are no third party titles which explains why some games are missing but still disappointing.
Great points. Skipping this one completely :P

zapiy

Great points Shadow, you just bankrupted SNK... :o

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

In fairness I will probably get one of these, the mini Coin-Op on my work desk is very tempting as well as this Data East have gotten in the act for like $99 for their 30 which looks exactly near the same build and design as this?

Although a lot of games Shadow has mentioned not present, Shock troopers collection with me is enough for me....

pinkabyss74

Well on the subject of this seems this is becoming a kind of trend/fad. In the case of the neogeo it makes sense since its expensive , the megadrive atgames stuff is illogically an ARM-based software emulator (sega have released many console compilation over the years anyway) and nintendos efforts are polished but not perfect in terms of emulation.
James Dignam ~ pinkabyss74
YouTube

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

I would just like to point out that the supposed fake picture I posted is VERY similar to the final Japanese model.

Now how do you like it Zapiy? :P

zapiy

Lol I still ain’t a fan. Button arrangement is wrong for a start. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrekMD

It sure is!  LOL  I'll pardon the design because of the HDMI and controller ports.