Author Topic: Shining Force Sequels  (Read 1386 times)

Offline ScouseMouse

• View Profile
    • Youtube- ScouseMouse
Shining Force Sequels
« on: April 19, 2018, 11:28:32 AM »
So I'm a HUGE fan of Shining Force, probably my favourite MegaDrive game of all time but I never played any of the sequels at the time (or ever)...

Are they as good as the first one? Are they the same format/battle style? Do you think I'll enjoy them as much as the first?

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
Re: Shining Force Sequels
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 12:16:32 PM »
Did you have a particular one to get?  I know there is a Mega/Sega CD version that is supposed to be a larger game.
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 15:03:41 PM »
The first game in the series is actually Shining in the Darkness, and it's a dungeon crawler. After that they released Shining Force, which is a strategy RPG. Both good but very different games. Both have sequels though, so if you want the strategy style game then stick to the Force games. I've only played the first two games but I think they're all supposed to be pretty solid.

Offline ScouseMouse

• View Profile
    • Youtube- ScouseMouse
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 15:37:47 PM »
The first game in the series is actually Shining in the Darkness, and it's a dungeon crawler. After that they released Shining Force, which is a strategy RPG. Both good but very different games. Both have sequels though, so if you want the strategy style game then stick to the Force games. I've only played the first two games but I think they're all supposed to be pretty solid.

Ah cool, I didnt know that although I do like dungeon crawlers. I was thinking of the strategy RPG one though, I absolutely love that, so it's definitely the Force games I'm after. So all the force ones are the same style of like turn based fighting on a battle map thing? I've never seen another game that uses that system.

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2018, 19:17:24 PM »
Yes, I believe all of the Shining Force games use that same turn based system. If you like that style I would recommend checking out the Fire Emblem series. Final Fantasy Tactics is another great one. Strategy games like this can get very addictive!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal