Started by Shadowrunner, April 12, 2018, 17:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Nope, not at all.  I don't even like hot sauce!  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

Regardless of how I feel about the guy, he's obviously very good at these games and most of his scores are probably legit. But he has also been proven to cheat at least once so I'm not really sure what they should do with his old scores. I'm a big believer in "once a cheater always a cheater" but really old scores before MAME was around are probably safe.

TrekMD

PatmanQC

I wonder what it took for him to get his scores reinstated? Was it really is team of lawyers or did he just grease the right palms?

TrekMD

Well, we may have to wait until the case goes to court against Twin Galaxies.  That may reveal a lot more info.

zapiy

Interesting developments, I never knew this was going to the courts either???

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

The courts are a more recent development.  Rumor has it that Guinness may not have wanted to deal with that and just reinstated his stuff.  It'll be interesting to see what happens once things go to court with Twin Galaxies.

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

TrekMD

Looks like Billy is going to court: Billy Mitchell’s Donkey Kong high-score case will move forward to trial.  You know, the outcome of this trial will be quite interesting, particularly because it sets precedent. 

HDN

I'm very interested in where this will go.

TrekMD

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

This just keeps getting better. Everybody's getting sued lol.