Geoff Crammond Questions Needed.

Started by zapiy, March 12, 2018, 17:52:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

RVG brings you the big hitters and none are as big as GC, this guys created some of my absolute favourite games like Stuntcar Racer and Grand Prix, I must have spent days if not weeks playing these games..

Anyway get your questions in peeps.

Released
1981 â€" Super Invaders (BBC)
1983 â€" Aviator (BBC)
1984 â€" REVS (BBC)
1986 â€" Revs Plus (C64)
1986 â€" The Sentinel (Amiga, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST, BBC, C64, PC, ZX Spectrum)
1989 â€" Stunt Car Racer (Amiga, Atari ST, C64, PC, ZX Spectrum)
1992 â€" Formula One Grand Prix (Amiga, Atari ST, PC)
1996 â€" Grand Prix 2 (PC)
1998 â€" Sentinel Returns (PC, PlayStation)
2000 â€" Grand Prix 3 (PC)
2001 â€" Grand Prix 3 2000 (PC)
2002 â€" Grand Prix 4 (PC)

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Would you be interested in working on a sequel to Stunt Car Racer?

Why was the Xbox version of F1GP4 cancelled? Also how close to completion was it, and do you have any footage of a working build?

What do you think of current F1 games in comparison to yours in regards to tech and fun?

Do you think you set the benchmark for accuracy and physics in racing games, and what how do you feel when you get praised for all your hardwork in the gaming industry?

When was the last time you worked on an F1 game and why did you finally stop?

Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Greyfox

1. With I'm sure the majority of questions been as follows..is this going to be done or are you doing a sequel to that type of question. My question is in relation to Stunt Car Racer, how did you work out the physics for the engine in the game?

2.What was the inspiration for stunt car racer and was the planning of the game a difficult one?

3. What seemed the next logical step in computer entertainment aka the Atari ST to which the Sentinel , where in the bloody hell did you come with the idea firstly and second again another 3d style engine for the game to exist in?

4. Why do you feel that there were no sequels created for Stunt Car Racer or the sentinel in the 16 bit days ? Did they not sell or meet sale projections? Or was this a personal preference not to do another game, as the new York feature of stunt car was awesome, so thank you for that 👍

5.assuming your a big Formula racing fans having done over 4 Formula one racing games, the first will always be ground breaking, what were the logistics involved in making such a game? Surely certain company staff felt it wouldn't be doable at some POINT?

6. Who is your favourite game developer if you've got one and WHY?

7. Is there anything you'd change during video gaming career or done differently you feel would have made a great changes to the video game scene.

zapiy

Wallop, I will have to get my questions in or i'll have nothing to ask lol.

zapiy

Revs was possibly one of the best if not the best racing game when released across all systems, this was your first racing gaming in a long line of them, tell us please...

How difficult was this game to code for the BBC.

Any reason why it only made it onto the BBC?

Did making REVS spark that desire to constantly want to make racing games and push those boundaries            futher?

The Sentinel is another classic title that was just jaw dropping when it first came out, if I remember it was one of the very first polygon games, was this something you wanted to achieve, being the first to make such a game?

What was it that inspired you to make this game?

Have you ever thought about bring The Sentinel to the modern world or VR Gaming, if any game is crying out for a VR remake its that game?

Did you ever develope any games for the Konix Multisystem? If yes do you have any of the data saved anywhere and could you tell us about it?

zapiy

Just a heads up peeps, going to send these within 24hrs so please add your, will add mine just before sending.

zapiy