Author Topic: How we all feeling about Shenmue 3?  (Read 3639 times)

Offline ArbieG

• View Profile
How we all feeling about Shenmue 3?
« on: March 21, 2018, 15:12:38 PM »
I'm a backer of the Shenmue 3 campaign, just wondering whether people are excited or apprehensive to see the series come back, combined with the manner it's come back in?

I'm excited to see it come back, but pretty much expect the game to under deliverer, it's like Half Life 3, the waits been too long that the hype will push expectations far too high.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
Re: How we all feeling about Shenmue 3?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 15:41:15 PM »
Just glad its being made after 16 odd years, didnt think id see the day (well i havent yet of course!) like you, im keeping my expectations down, though unlike some people moaning abount the early gfx, they dont bother me, any enhancements is a bonus on the originals, as long as the size of the game is around the first anything bigger is a bonus, personally thought Shenmue 2 was too big and it dragged on a bit at the end.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 16:21:29 PM »
I enjoyed the first game when it came out but never finished it and I never played the sequel.

I probably would have tried the new game when it comes out, but honestly all the Save Shenmue nut-jobs ruined it for me. I can't begin to tell you how many people I have either muted or blocked on Twitter because they can't shut up about the game. I understand being passionate about a game series you love, but some of these people are just plain crazy. So yeah, eventually I got so pissed off at all of it that now I want nothing to do with the game.

Think I must be getting close to the "Get off my lawn" stage in life. ;D

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 18:20:16 PM »
I loved the first game, not so much the second, I am looking forward to what they deliver with this one.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline ArbieG

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 18:32:28 PM »
I probably would have tried the new game when it comes out, but honestly all the Save Shenmue nut-jobs ruined it for me. I can't begin to tell you how many people I have either muted or blocked on Twitter because they can't shut up about the game. I understand being passionate about a game series you love, but some of these people are just plain crazy. So yeah, eventually I got so pissed off at all of it that now I want nothing to do with the game.

Agreed, i was part of a few Shenmue communities as I really got into the series back on the DC, but some just got so infatuated with the series and outraged it wasn't being talked about. End of the day the series never got the exposure it needed to remain relevant, regardless of whether the game was any good or not.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://plus.google.com/+EugenioAngueira
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 21:25:08 PM »
Don't shoot me but I've never played this game.  This Shenmue 3 is coming out on what platform?
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline ArbieG

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 21:32:30 PM »
Don't shoot me but I've never played this game.  This Shenmue 3 is coming out on what platform?

Can't be expected to play every game ever made... that's just mental =P

It's coming out PC & PS4.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 21:38:12 PM »
PS4?  Cool.  How is it being sold? 

Offline DeadVoivod

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
    • Classicamiga
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 05:49:03 AM »
Can't say I'm hyped. Just leave the 2 almost perfect games as they are, don't try anything, reviving an old franchise or such, just revisit 1 & 2.

This might seriously backfire, as also times have changed, and I don't know if the world needs or wants another Shenmue.

Offline AmigaJay

• View Profile
    • Jay's Retro Game Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 07:33:21 AM »
Can't say I'm hyped. Just leave the 2 almost perfect games as they are, don't try anything, reviving an old franchise or such, just revisit 1 & 2.

This might seriously backfire, as also times have changed, and I don't know if the world needs or wants another Shenmue.
Im pretty sure the world wants one, the Kickstarter would have even started without people keep pushing for one. As for times changing, they have but same could be said for Zelda or other old francises, theres no reason why not, indie gaming is bigger than ever, its not just the boring FPS games of last gen, plus its an ongoing story, revisiting 1&2 alone is pretty pointless as the story is incomplete.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Offline ArbieG

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 17:32:06 PM »
PS4?  Cool.  How is it being sold?

Erm, from what I remember both Physical & Digital, I backed for a digital PS4 copy, actually had to go and buy a PS4 because of it... eugh, I can be so lame =D

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 21:38:20 PM »
OK, cool.  Thanks for the info.

Offline ArbieG

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 19:43:20 PM »
Sorry if this self promotion is a little self indulgent, but on the back of this thread we went and made a quick 5 minute scripted & VO'd video about our thoughts about the return of Shenmue, never tried this kind of video feature before so would be great if people can let me know their thoughts!

https://youtu.be/H6h2fdO-M3E

Offline ScouseMouse

• View Profile
    • Youtube- ScouseMouse
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 20:50:50 PM »
I absolutely can't wait, I know the hype amongst fans is extremely high so it's hard to deliver on that but for me the game is SO much about the story, so even if parts of the gameplay are lacking I'm just so eager to find out how the story unfolds

Offline Spacedeck

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2018, 20:13:21 PM »
I never played the originals  :-[ guessing I missed out on something special?

Will have to try play through them at some point, although I hear they are re-releasing the game in HD.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal