RVG's latest interview is with Chris Blackbourn, creator of the awesome Skidmark game on the Amiga. Below is a breakdown of what and where Chris has worked.
2012-Present Independent Game Developer
Waipu, Northland, New Zealand
• Developing amazing independent games.
• Team Lead, Gameplay on unannounced title.
2007-2011 BioWare / EA
Edmonton, AB, Montreal, QC
• Designed and co-implemented domain-specific language and runtime for specifying autonomous agent behavior in UE3.
• Scrum master for an unannounced episodic UE3 title.
• Contributed to Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.
• Requirements gathering for Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer.
2003-2007 Lionhead Studios / Microsoft
• Integrated RenderWare Physics SDK (now EAPhysics) into Black & White 2.
• Provided a crucial bridge between the gameplay and graphics teams.
• Key debugger for 1000KLoC codebase.
• Designed and implemented AI improvements for “Battle of the Gods” expansion pack.
• Added visualizers for physics assets and navmesh into C# editor for Fable II.
• Prototyped “Team Racer”, a co-operative multiplayer racing game for XBLA.
2003 Heriot-Watt University
• Provided easy to use front end for specifying ensemble methods for 3D FEM simulation.
• Optimized and debugged Beowulf cluster, including data aggregation and analysis.
1998-2002 Right Hemisphere
• Led a team of eight programmers developing tools for 3D content creators.
• Developed industry leading UV unwrapping tools for Deep UV.
• Wrote multi-threaded model renderer for Deep Paint 3D.
• Technical lead for co-development with leading Japanese 2D animation company.
• Added internationalization support to our skinnable GUI system.
1997-2002 Hilltop Publishing
• Sole member of the IT department for a small magazine publishing company.
1992-1998 Acid Software
Auckland, NZ, Leamington Spa, UK
• Lead developer of the 3 person team responsible for the “Skidmarks” family of multiplayer racing games for Amiga ECS, Amiga AGA and Sega Genesis.
• Developed prototypes for Playstation, Jaguar, 3dfx, OpenGL and DirectX.
Please ask your questions here.