Hello from Back in Time Sime

Started by Back in Time Sime, January 20, 2018, 17:25:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back in Time Sime

Just been pointed to this place, and boy aint it great...

You will find my YouTube message under the YouTube sub forum, so make sure you check me out...

As for my history though...

First computer was a VIC20, honestly didnt blow me away, said blowing happened when the next year I got my C64... it all changed... My teen years where spent with the 64 and I still have a fair collection now...

From there I went onto the Mastersystem, NES, Atari ST, Amiga, SNES, Megadrive and pretty much everything since... I still have most of this stuff now...

My loves though I guess are C64, Dreamcast and Neo-Geo, though have lots of love for all of the consoles I have owned...

I collect games I want, no longer bothered by complete collections, though I do own a complete Dreamcast PAL set...

I hope my stay is long and fun, I am sure it will be :)

Taa
Sime
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...

Greyfox

A lovely little back story there fella..I myself have been doing this gig since 1979 and still doing it today..but mainly I use emulation as although I have a bunch of machines here..they are all in the loft , so for me it is my maxed out Raspberry PI3 with over 15,000 games across 23 platforms to which is pretty amazing considering it's the size of a pack of cigarettes  8)

Dreamcast Gamer

Welcome to RVG!  It's great to have another Neo Geo fan here.  I don't own one, but one of my subscribers has sent me several SNK compilations for the PS2 and as I'm typing this, I'm working on a review of the first Fatal Fury.

Back in Time Sime

I like emulations, but also like grabbing a massive MVS and slotting it in a cab, but I am lucky to have the room for those... My love of Neo started with Emulation, not something I could have dreamed of owning at the time...

Just games I can always go back to and enjoy... 1 credit only though and no continues, thats my personal rule :)

I have a Pi amazing bit of kit, though I seem to spend more time mucking about with it than actually playing anything :)
Check out my YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/BackinTimeSime - New retro review each Thursday...

Dreamcast Gamer

Only one credit?  I'd die XD

Hey, do you know how to emulate Neo Geo games on MAME?  It would be much easier for capturing footage (my capture card isn't very good).  I always get an error saying some ROM or CHD image is missing, yet it claims that the game is working.

Back in Time Sime

Yer getting the correct set is a right pain, I have about x3 sets of different versions downloaded, Neo-Geo issues I find tend to be the wrong BIOS file (or just missing), so you want to check you have neogeo.zip in your rom folder...

Cryptic33

Hi Sime, welcome to the forum 😀
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks