Oh Mummy! - New Mega Drive Homebrew!!!

Started by TL, July 14, 2012, 18:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:1lj7scig][size=360]Oh Mummy![/size]

[size=240]Sega Mega Drive[/size]

Spanish homebrew team 1985 Alternativo are proud to announce the upcoming release of their new game Oh Mummy! for the Sega Mega Drive.

Those of you who owned an Amstrad CPC or Sinclair Spectrum +2 back in the day may remember getting the original version of this free with your machine!

The game is scheduled to ship in October but you can already pre-order the game HERE to make sure you don't miss out!

The price of this game is 25€ + shipping and it includes cart, case and full color insert and manual. It is also multi-region so you can play it on both PAL and NTSC consoles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 1FV9dtRvWE[/align:1lj7scig]

AmigaJay

Yeah I saw the video of this the other day, looks ok, not the sort of game I would buy, but these are the sorts of releases RG should be covering more and not just 8bit cassette games all the time.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TL

Quote from: "AmigaJay"Yeah I saw the video of this the other day, looks ok, not the sort of game I would buy, but these are the sorts of releases RG should be covering more and not just 8bit cassette games all the time.

I actually think I am going to but this as I loved the original game on the Speccy.

But yes I totally agree, I offered to help TMR loads of times with the homebrew section in RG and got turned down flat every single time which makes me laugh as he recently claimed that nobody ever offers to help. He told somebody else that he will review what he likes and when another person told him about a homebrew release for the Lynx he replied with "I am not reviewing any games for that piece of shit"

AmigaJay

What a nob...the Speccy was a piece of shit, but it was the low price and the games that made it, but that's a stupid thing to say regardless, not the sort of person I want running an entire section in a retro mag, they say they don't want bias in their mag, but what with stu and the gang it's becoming more bias towards their own likes each month!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TL

The Commodore bias is clear to see. There are games covered for the VIC20, C64 and Amiga alll the bloody time (along side the Speccy usually). Last month he had the cheek to claim he had expanded the formats and given it an overhaul due to feedback! WTF!!! Just because you covered a Master System game dosn't mean it's any different to normal.

Minerals

cant believe this has been re done for the Megadrive but it actually looks pretty decent

TL

Quote from: "Minerals"cant believe this has been re done for the Megadrive but it actually looks pretty decent

Same and at that price it's well worth it.

108 Stars

I did a group order in Germany for this.

I think it looks really nice, and the guys at 1985alternativo seem to be really cool too. The price alone shows their dedication; I mean they are using old MD games to make Oh Mummy, but still cartridge, clamshell case and full-color manual for 25 Euros is a steal.

Their GBA game Watman (remake of the Batman-game for Speccy and CPC) cost only 15 Euros and came with the cart, manual and box as well. And some stuff from the bakery.^^

It's great to have them and very nice to see the Mega Drive getting so much love lately.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

dcultrapro

has anyone got a new link to the video? I clicked to watch the one at the top but it says its been removed
Ultrapro on xbox live

108 Stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... VZwz6tCV3I

By the way... I suggest you guys could do an interview with the 1985alternativo-team! :)
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

108 Stars

I got the game yesterday, and I really like it. Sadly cartridge and clamshell case are of very low quality, but the manual looks great (printing quality and design), though it has some Engrish, and the game is fun.

I was so into it I actually did a YouTube video of my first impressions. It's only in German right now, but at least you can see something of the game. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjLO8zYb5hA

TL

Awesome thanks!

I really wish I had bought this but I was just too poor  :'(

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

108 Stars

I really like the game, t's simple but fun. Very nice that they included an 1:1 port of the original CPC version as well. :)

onthinice

Thanks for the review 108 Stars! It does look like a fun game. Go ahead and add a couple of more stars for oustanding work!