How do you store yours? My Jaguar

Started by Cryptic33, November 30, 2017, 14:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cryptic33

Hi everyone,

I have just this minute made my second video with iMovie about how I protect my Jaguar.

I hope you enjoy the video and feel free to ask questions.

https://youtu.be/oa92SB3eUmo
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Shadowrunner

Cryptic33

Quote from: Shadowrunner on November 30, 2017, 14:54:43 PM
Very nice! :)
Thanks, I made a bad spelling mistake but hey ho 😂

I like to experiment, but in this case it is how I carry my Jag around and it fits just right.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Great idea and a sure way to protect it long term mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

Quote from: zapiy on November 30, 2017, 20:00:32 PM
Great idea and a sure way to protect it long term mate.

Thanks, just sharing the love 😉

TrekMD

Very nice way of storing the system.  I keep mine in a plastic container as well with some silica to remove humidity as well.  I also have mine covered with a leather...well, cover.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I keep mine in the original box.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

[/quote]
Quote from: TrekMD on December 01, 2017, 04:09:30 AM
Very nice way of storing the system.  I keep mine in a plastic container as well with some silica to remove humidity as well.  I also have mine covered with a leather...well, cover.  :)
I used to keep mine in a laptop slip (black with red trim of course) for years, but I had this idea for a long time and one day took my notes with me to check the dimensions and decided I could make this work. I’m guessing you have one of those purpose made covers with the logo stitched in to it. They are nice but expensive, I feel.

Quote from: zapiy on December 01, 2017, 09:53:01 AM
I keep mine in the original box. I did the same for years, bit of a pain if you want to set it up though given how fragile the insert is. Now you have a possible alternative 😉 then you can place the box on display 🙂

TrekMD

Yes, it is one of those leather covers with the console logo. :)

Cryptic33

Quote from: TrekMD on December 02, 2017, 00:08:37 AM
Yes, it is one of those leather covers with the console logo. :)
Nice, I do like the look of them but I haven’t seen any pictures of them on the console. Do you have any pics perhaps? I always wondered about the CD cover, does it only cover the upper CD unit? Do you see where I am coming from 🙂

TrekMD

I have pics for all the consoles in my collection thread.  Not sure if I have one for the Jaguar with the CD unit on it.  If there is no picture of it, I can certainly take one.

Cryptic33

Quote from: TrekMD on December 03, 2017, 20:24:13 PM
I have pics for all the consoles in my collection thread.  Not sure if I have one for the Jaguar with the CD unit on it.  If there is no picture of it, I can certainly take one.
Thanks, I’ll check it out when you have chance.

Saturn

Just saw the video and have to say, very nice 8)
I'll have to dig something similar up and preserve mine the same way. Right now, one unit with CD attachment is in a Jaguar rental case (awesome) with 2 controllers, a Scatbox and Battlesphere Gold. 2 PSUs and a set of composite cables as well. Couldn't believe it all fit.
The 7 other units are either in shipping boxes or igloo coolers. The one unit I use is covered with the leather logo cover. I had the presence of mind to order a ton of covers in case the people stopped making them and it was a great call.... since they did :(

If I can find these containers I'm going all in. Thanks for sharing this cool idea 8)

neo-rg

I'm sure I've seen those covers with logos, or some like it on etsy.

Cryptic33

Quote from: Saturn on December 04, 2017, 14:41:28 PM
Just saw the video and have to say, very nice 8)
I'll have to dig something similar up and preserve mine the same way. Right now, one unit with CD attachment is in a Jaguar rental case (awesome) with 2 controllers, a Scatbox and Battlesphere Gold. 2 PSUs and a set of composite cables as well. Couldn't believe it all fit.
The 7 other units are either in shipping boxes or igloo coolers. The one unit I use is covered with the leather logo cover. I had the presence of mind to order a ton of covers in case the people stopped making them and it was a great call.... since they did :(

If I can find these containers I'm going all in. Thanks for sharing this cool idea 8)
Thanks for your comments Saturn. I used an 18litre Really Useful Box, they are available online, though one box would cost too much in postage, and can be found in various outlets. Here in the UK, Staples have a good stock but you may also get one from The Range.
Quote from: neo-rg on December 05, 2017, 09:54:05 AM
I'm sure I've seen those covers with logos, or some like it on etsy.
I’ve seen them still on eBay but I never ordered one.