500 Years Later: An Oral History of Final Fantasy VII.

Started by zapiy, November 10, 2017, 13:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

500 Years Later offers a thrilling deep dive into the creation of the revered PlayStation RPG. Comprising over 30 interwoven voices, this beautifully produced book will offer unprecedented insight into the craft and ambition behind the game.

Final Fantasy VII was one of the most groundbreaking videogames of the ’90s. Costing over $40 million to create, the project was a significant gamble for Japanese videogame developer Square. The game went on to sell more than 11 million copies and stands as the one of the best-selling PlayStation titles, celebrated for its progressive visuals, involving story and grand scale.

Read-Only Memory

Founded in 2012 by Darren Wall, Read-Only Memory has established itself as the leading voice in videogame history publishing. Our books recognise the pioneers, milestones and titles that have shaped the industry.

To see more and pledge visit here. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/500-years-later-an-oral-history-of-final-fantasy-v

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

I'm not a fan of the game, but a lot of people are and I'm sure this will do very well.

zapiy

Me too, not one I'm interested in but news is news lol

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

wyldephang

I may be in the minority as far as this forum is concerned. I love Final Fantasy VII. It was easily one of the most important games of my youth and shaped my expectations for years to come.
- Ryan

zapiy

I'm sure your not a minority pal, just a game that certainly divides.

Its more or less hit its target in 24hrs.

Shadowrunner

Yeah it's a hugely popular game and Zap and me are definitely in the minority.

I tried the demo of it when it came out but I wasn't huge into RPGs at the time and the random battles were just too much for me. Trying to escape that building and every 5 seconds you would have to fight another battle and it annoyed me so much I didn't buy the game.

After that I slowly started playing a lot more RPGs, to the point where it's now my favourite genre so I did try to play it again on the PSP years later but I just couldn't get into it. Had to be there at the time I guess.