Atari Jaguar Pro Controller Reproductions

Started by TrekMD, November 09, 2017, 03:51:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Tired of the ridiculous prices for the Atari Jaguar  Pro controllers?  You can help change that.  MortoffGames is looking to see how many folks would be interested in having reproduction versions of these controllers made.    You can read about it here:  Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers-Interest Check.

How do I order one?
They are not for sale yet and trying to gauge community interest first. At this time we are asking people to contact us at jagprocontroller@gmail.com and leave your email and full name stating your interest in the controllers so we can get a tally. Please email before December-31-2017.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I saw something about this on Twitter. Would be great for people who don't have one.

TrekMD

I  have one that has stopped working and I can't get it fixed.  Cleaning the contacts doesn't work and there doesn't seem to be anyone who can fix it.  So, I could replace it with one of these.

Lorfarius

Oooh fantastic. Know someone who is mad about the Jag!

Shadowrunner

Everybody that's a Jag fan is a little mad. ;)

TrekMD

Shadowrunner

JoeMusashi

What a great project to work on. Recreating that design in 3D CAD would be ace and dealing with all the manufacturing processes and production engineering, all from scratch.
$30,000 costs with RRP at $60 x 2 per customer would be covered in max 250 transactions. Not inconceivable.

I'd love to join the queue but can't justify ~£90 for two Jag controllers at the moment. Maybe if they go on general sale individually at some point.

Having said that, do I even need one lol! What games use the 6 buttons??

Shadowrunner

The three extra face buttons and the two shoulder triggers are just duplicates of buttons on the number pad. I don't remember which numbers correspond to which buttons off the top of my head but if a game has functions that use the number pad, then the extra buttons will do the same thing. It can be handy for a few games but for the most point you really don't need them.

The big draw for me is the D-Pad, which is way better on the Pro controller. Probably not good enough to justify the cost though, especially if you're buying it off ebay!

zapiy

Cracking idea, i might consider one controller myself.. Anyone put their name down?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Saturn

This is epic. I'm planning on going ape sh*t buying these up if/when they come to fruition!
I could see the need way back when travistouchdown started a thread seeking to do the same but as the idea fizzled due to problems, I'd written it off as a pipe dream. With this new info and behind the scenes progress before announcing (which, in itself is rare in the Jaguar scene) I've got nothing but positivity looking ahead. This could be the solution many have been waiting for and I plan to invest heavy in support.
As with the SD Card, this is above and beyond imo so buying extra will be at the forefront of my priorities. As long as they're available I plan to periodically purchase more as I did with the Sillyventure Skunkboards. Once those dried up so many people posted seeking one and I had stock to fall back on which came in very handy while making my JagDoom modded levels.
Planning the same here and hoping for revisions so I can have 1st run editions in the collection 8)

Cryptic33

I agree, 20 years late, but better late than never. I have expressed an interest just for the collection as I have a new one.

For those struggling with the cost of buying two, if you have a friend with a Jag, you could have one each by sharing the cost.

Oh, yes the shoulder buttons, from memory, correspond to 4 & 6 respectively and a good example of where this is handy is the game Atari Karts. The shoulder buttons let you slide round corners. As I understand it, because, and as rightly pointed out by Shadowrunner, the extra buttons on the pro controller simply correspond to the keypad. Thus, the pro controller is compatible with all game releases. The better D pad is the best part.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Saturn

I've put in for 4 of them. Hoping there's enough interest but don't know how much more is needed for a green light.
There should be adequate on social media, from what I understand, so still have my fingers crossed :D

TrekMD

So far it seems they haven't done bad with interest.  Let's hope it does happen. 

TrekMD

It's happened!  The interest requirement has been met for the New Jaguar Pro-Controllers! Huge win for Jaguar fans! Thanks for everyone who shot an e-mail over to declare interest!  :D