New ZX Spectrum homebrew: SOPHIA

Started by Corporal Jonlan, October 31, 2017, 06:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corporal Jonlan

Hi everyone!

I am glad to introduce you Sophia, the master wizard girl on a mission to save the Empire from destruction and humanity from enslavement!

A brand new game for the ZX Spectrum inspired by such classic titles as Cybernoid, Equinox and Druid, with the following features:
- 4 levels
- 85 screens
- 20 different enemy sprites
- 5 tunes
- Final boss fight
- Successful end of game sequence

Game and printer-friendly documentation available in six languages: Italian, English, French, German, Spanish and Portuguese.

Designed for models with 128K RAM but can run (without AY sound) on 48K/+ ZX Spectrums equipped with Beta Disk/Plus D/DivIDE/DivMMC interfaces.

Controls: Keyboard (fully redefinable), Kempston, Sinclair.

File formats: TZX (accelerated with SetoLOAD), TAP, TRD, SCL and MGT.

Freely downloadable from: http://www.alessandrogrussu.it/Sophia.html

Have fun!
Author of several Spectrum games, a fast tape loading scheme and the Spectrumpedia.

Shadowrunner

Looks great. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

zapiy

That's looks fantastic fella..

Will have a play at some point this weekend.

Shared on Twitter.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

JoeMusashi

Looks good.
Do you have recommended emulator to play it on?

Corporal Jonlan

Thank you everyone for the feedback!  ;D

Joe Musashi: I recommend Spectaculator and SpecEmu, which were used for game testing before release. An user reported a problem with ZX Spin, which although having many useful features for developers shows also quite a few bugs and has not been updated for a very long time, so I do not recommend it for general emulation.
Author of several Spectrum games, a fast tape loading scheme and the Spectrumpedia.

Corporal Jonlan

Update: Thanks to Bedazzle, Sophia now also speaks Russian! That brings the total number of localized version to 7.

I also modified the multi-language disk image files to make the loading screen appear for some more time, otherwise it would almost be invisible.

Corporal Jonlan

Update: Thanks to Ersh, who was the first to complete the game, Sophia is now also available in Swedish!

The total number of localized version rises to 8.

I also corrected some typos from the manual and the Russian end-of-game screens.

zapiy

Great to see this doing so well fella.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Corporal Jonlan

Hi folks,

Sophia is now available as a free download under my new label, Zankle Soft, at:

https://zanklesoft.itch.io/sophia

Bitmap Soft has just released the game on cassette. This version includes an exclusive bonus level, which is not available with the free download. You can find it at:

https://www.bitmapsoft.co.uk/product/sophia/