The C64 Mini

Started by TrekMD, October 02, 2017, 03:12:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

This is from an Indigogo campaign.  I guess fans of the C64 have this to look forward to:  https://the64.computer/

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

And there back. £150 is a bit steep for me at the moment but one to watch thats for sure.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

Yeah, if it was a bit cheaper I would be all over it. I have close to zero experience with the C64 so this would be a good way to try out some of the games but it's a little too expensive.

zapiy

£100 is more like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

This is getting close to release now. If you follow Jeff Minter on Twitter you will know he generally only tweets about two things, eating curry and tending to his sheep lol. Today though he had this picture!

Looks nice. Depending on the final price I might get one.

AmigaJay

Yeah a few people getting this now, really wish an Amiga version was available!
Shadowrunner, pre order for £64.99
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Still not sure why the keyboard does not function. Seems a trick missed.

DeadVoivod

I wanted to kickstart this, but also didn't due to the high price, plus no real proof that it would actually come out, as in the end they didn't even reach the final goal.

zapiy

It made it out though. I’ll pick one up at some point.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: zapiy on February 28, 2018, 10:50:06 AM
Still not sure why the keyboard does not function. Seems a trick missed.

Yeah it's unfortunate. I imagine the cost with working keyboard would have put the sale price too high for most people.

DeadVoivod

Looks nice indeed, but I already own some JXD devices, based on Android, which all can run Vice very well. I have the 7300, which has a 7 inch screen, really nice with Vice.

TrekMD

Here is a video review of the C64 Mini...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

DeadVoivod

I kind of like it, but...

I like the idea of adding games, ROMs, and I guess most of the people who want to buy this mini C64 want that feature too. So why is it not properly implemented yet nor developed more properly? I mean renaming the file to a certain name to be able to add it, then redoing the whole process again seems cumbersome to me. And I don't think it's a complex feature to add. This must be included with day one release, and not reached in when they think they're ready.

Greyfox

So what's the emulation like on this?

zapiy

Supposed to be really good. Can not wait to get mine.  8)