Greetings Humans!

Started by guest6224, August 24, 2017, 13:01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest6224

I'm new to the forum, so I guess I'd better do the 'hello' type post!

I'm Keith, I was born in the UK, but I live in Japan now... I've got a wide variety of retro consoles, and I do game development as a hobby.

I'm the developer of the free 'Chibi Akumas' game for the Amstrad CPC (http://www.chibiakumas.com/)- I've signed up here to try to spread the word about my existing game... promote the upcoming sequel, and try to drum up some enthusiasm for my future projects.

Chibi Akumas is free for download on Amstrad CPC now... but I plan to bring it to the MSX2 an ZX Spectrum next year, hopefully some people round here will be interested - as it will be a lot of work to port the games - so any encouragement is very welcome!

Thanks for reading!

Shadowrunner

Welcome :) Living in Japan must be very cool! Good luck with your games.

JoeMusashi

Humans? You're making a rather large
assumption there buddy [emoji12]
Welcome to the forum. I'll look forward to following the ZX Spectrum conversion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guest6224

Quote from: JoeMusashi on August 24, 2017, 20:15:08 PM
Humans? You're making a rather large assumption there buddy [emoji12]
Just trying to find something original to say, for the inevitable 'new here thread'!
Quote from: Shadowrunner on August 24, 2017, 14:58:24 PM
Welcome :) Living in Japan must be very cool! Good luck with your games.
It's certainly increased my retrogame collection! I've got a pretty decent Pc Engine and MSX collection - both systems I never came across in the UK - and of course I have a famicom+DiskSystem and the like too... unfortunately I don't have any more space to store stuff - and my apartment is bigger than most!... Retrogames are getting more expensive over here though, and finding cheap stuff has got noticeably harder over the 5 years I've been here.

TrekMD

Hello and welcome to RVG! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Cryptic33

Ditto, hello and welcome!

Hey, with the name "Keith" and a scouser, that makes you a somewhat rare animal. My dad hailed from Liverpool, great city.

EDIT: hang on a sec, getting my wires crossed a little. Anyway, "Keith" is still a great name 😉
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Welcome aboard Keith, sorry for the late reply, life all of a sudden got real and busy.. anyway better late than never i guess.

Any help we can give you spreading the word about your game just let us know..

Hope to see round these parts often.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC