The Atari Lynx

Started by zapiy, January 24, 2011, 19:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

hmmm... ok that's what I thought. I just thought that the Eye of the Beholder cart appeared to have chips attached to the back that were too low down to allow it to insert correctly... would love to see it one day. was it any good?
Ultrapro on xbox live

Shadowrunner

Its an RPG an Laird gave it a 9 so it must be F'N amazing! Lol
Maybe it got bonus points for being on the Lynx.  ;)

dcultrapro

thats more than likely what it is lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

The extra chip is an eeprom so you can save your game. This was the original reason Atari didn't release it - because of the cost of adding battery back up to the game. Yes they really were that stingy!

TrekMD

I have it and I can assure you that it works just fine on a Lynx II.  The Lynx I may be another issue because of the door. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

dcultrapro

cool.... was it very expensive to get a copy? if you don't mind me asking that is
Ultrapro on xbox live

TrekMD

If I'm remember correctly, it was about $75 to get it. 

dcultrapro

nice... oh I just saw this article via Raptr and thought I'd share it, apologies if its been posted before

http://obsoletegamer.com/the-atari-lynx/
Ultrapro on xbox live

TrekMD

I don't remember seeing it posted here before.  Thanks!

Shadowrunner

Yeah that's a good article. I bought a Lynx 2 and some games on ebay last week , just waiting for them show up in the mail. Really hope they get here tomorrow so I can play them this weekend. :)

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yeah that's a good article. I bought a Lynx 2 and some games on ebay last week , just waiting for them show up in the mail. Really hope they get here tomorrow so I can play them this weekend. 8)

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yeah that's a good article. I bought a Lynx 2 and some games on ebay last week , just waiting for them show up in the mail. Really hope they get here tomorrow so I can play them this weekend. ;)

Shadowrunner

Well I have a Jag and a pet cat so all that's missing is a Lynx lol

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Well I have a Jag and a pet cat so all that's missing is a Lynx lol
;D

dcultrapro

nice welcome to the fold! What games did you get with it?
Ultrapro on xbox live