Retron77

Started by TrekMD, June 11, 2017, 15:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spector

The quality from SCART to HDMI adaptors is very poor in my experience. Probably a direct HDMI input would be better.
DEATH TO SUGAR

DeadVoivod

Of course, I get that, but the quality of 2600 games is quite poor too.

Spector

The argument of "atari vcs games are poor quality so its better to have a poor quality picture to play them with" doesn't make much sense to me tbh.
DEATH TO SUGAR

Vadergb

I'm a little bit positive about this. The MD, NES, Snes have been done to death with clones that can play carts but Atari's have just been flashback consoles with non working cartridge ports.

Warlords on a 65" screen should be fun (even if not in the corect ratio). I wonder how difficult it would of been to include 7800 support?

TrekMD

7800 support was discussed but I think they decided to not pursue it at this juncture. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Hey everyone, this is now available to preorder with an expected shipping date of July 7.  You can order here:  Hyperkin Lab

TrekMD

Metal Jesus received a review unit.  Here is his video looking at it...

Shadowrunner

A few issues but overall it looks pretty good.

TrekMD

I agree.  I think it is worth the buy.  Besides, since it is open source, I'm sure people will post hacked BIOS (or whatever it is called on these things) that will address some of the issues.

DeadVoivod

Nice console but OUCH :o do the Atari games look bad :-\ Who still wants to play them?

TrekMD

Those who have the nostalgia for them and many others.  You'd be surprised by how many people enjoy 2600 games. 

DeadVoivod

I probably NEVER did enjoy 2600 games, growing up with the C64 was delightful. Although before we had the Philips GX7000, was nice, as it was the only console available, but oh man, even out of nostalgia, I wouldn't play the those games anymore.

TrekMD

To each their own.  Good thing no one is forcing you to buy this or play those games. 

DeadVoivod

I have O2EM2, the Odyssey2/Videopac emulator, brings indeed memories back.

TrekMD

Quote from: DeadVoivod on June 27, 2018, 06:19:38 AM
I have O2EM2, the Odyssey2/Videopac emulator, brings indeed memories back.

That system has a following as well and the Odyssey 2 has even simpler graphics than the 2600.  In all honesty, though, you may be thinking of early 2600 games when you think of the console instead of the later titles or even homebrew games. 

So, maybe this comes to mind:

Instead of something like this: