Atari Box

Started by TrekMD, June 09, 2017, 04:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

I got this on email today and I'm curious as to what it is.  Looks like Atari has some new piece of hardware being released.  It's anyone's guess as to what this will be.  I doubt it'll be a console but looks like they are trying to emulate the design of the 2600.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Greyfox

Wow. I wonder what this is ?. Could be unveiled at E3?

AmigaJay

Would be interested if it plays multiple Atari home/arcade games not just 2600 games we have enough of those already!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

I've subscribed to get more information on it.  We'll see what they've come up with. 

Shadowrunner

Well that's pretty cool! Can't wait to find out what it is!

zapiy

Omg that looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

There is a lot of speculation going around about it. They have clearly succeeded in generating the noise they wanted to generate with the announcement. 

TrekMD

This article has some interesting info:  New Atari Hardware Inbound

TrekMD

Here is a video from @nosweargamer talking about this device...

TrekMD

Ryuhi

My guess from what is being said is a handheld console? That would take a lot of guts but with the 3ds being slowly phased out by Nintendo for the hybrid switch it does leave a place on the market for a more affordable handheld.

TrekMD

At this point it is anyone's guess but it does seem that whatever they decided to release will not a be a big console.

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

This now seems to be a PC-Based system.  I guess we'll have to wait and see what it is they have in mind. 

zapiy

Interesting, not sure there is a need for this though??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC