Atari Box

Started by TrekMD, June 09, 2017, 04:12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyfox

Okay..nicely done by Atari..but back catalogue isn't exactly lighting the world on fire here, that can be played on a ton of other devices before this so this is a snooze update. It great that they've announced a partnership with them but what is there coming that sets the machine apart? Where are the exclusive? Even BitmapSoft have those? 😆

Nothing about release, nothing about specs very late in the game now, nothing about upcoming games, nothing about the outlined plans going forward for the future? I get it that they are committed to this been a possible long term entity but I think they and the name can be used to sit tight and operate off the strength of the brand f alone, not really feeling obligated to it's users base with the simple questions I've posted above. And I firmly believe the pricing is far fetched too. I would have purchased one of these if it had been the 120-150 mark, but I guess that should be a reality when people no longer want them anymore and I'll end up getting it for that price longterm. 🥳

TrekMD

And I read that owners of the Atari Box will still have to pay for the subscription to that service! 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Piss poor but I guess it was never going to be free.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

It's free for one month.  Then, you've got to pay.

Cryptic33

It’s all becoming a bad dream. I am losing faith in this project, fast.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

I already lost it mate.

Such a shame.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Here's is another update:

Hello Backers, Fans, and Followers!

Things have gotten really exciting around the Atari offices and in the Atari VCS engineering lab. We know people are talking about our big Antstream Arcade announcement, but the PCB board photo we shared triggered plenty of its own conversation and speculation as well. While we definitely have plans to follow-up the Antstream partnership with more news about games and content, we will now shift the conversation back to the status of the Atari VCS hardware. Jump over to Medium and check out our newest Atari VCS Developer Blog to find the latest on the development process as we rapidly approach mass production. We have lots of new photos and illustrations to share, and hope that you find the latest peek behind the scenes interesting.

Greyfox

That's good to see...but...this is not good...not good at all? Again Atari have fallen on one bad decisions one after the next here..

On side they are taking flight and on the other they are bombing like a lead balloon 😖

Read on.. https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2019/10/08/atari_architect_quits/#click=https://t.co/BoVVchqyMw

TrekMD

Lovely.  From bad to worse.

zapiy

This is going down the pan, fast.

TrekMD

Here is a video from John Hancock about this whole mess...

Saturn

Immortal? More like dickhead.
If you cut out all the times he said frustrating, train wreck and disaster, his report would've been about 2 minutes long lol.

Saturn

I believe it's not going to happen or will be a farce, at best. So happy I opted not to go all in.
Sounded so nice over a year ago when it was first announced that preorders were available. Who knew it
would crumble this hard...
He mentioned the Chameleon, this sounds a lot worse! Damn shame.

TrekMD

And here is another video that does a "deep dive."  This situation goes from bad to worse.  Very sad as it is smearing the Atari name more and more.  Someone who cares needs to buy the name back and save it.

Saturn

Yikes, he picked it apart in detail! Scary stuff..