Arcade Action - Super Pac-Man Arcade Review

Started by ArcadeAction, June 05, 2017, 16:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArcadeAction

Here's a Super Pac-Man arcade machine that I just finished restoring. I walk through the cabinet design, discuss a bit of the history of the game, and coin it up for a playthrough.

https://youtu.be/3UQ9YKHeKdw

onthinice

Great Job! Super Pac-Man is one of my favorites. Wonder why it never was released for the early consoles. Funny Pac-Mania was released but not Super Pac.

ArcadeAction

I'd like to play Super Pac-Man for the 5200. I believe I'd read here or elsewhere that the game was created but just never released (but has since been a few years ago).

onthinice

Forgot about that version. I have a love hate relationship with my Atari 5200 controllers. Lol!

Greyfox

Great video fella. Loved  super Pac-Man when I first seen on my Atari 8bit to which I thought for many years was a computer game exclusive,  never knew it was an Arcade up till about 15 years ago, but it was quite unusal take on the Pacman take, but didn't think the idea of keys worked well. I also remember seeing the arcade cab on an episode of Starcade too. So a very nice looking cab

TrekMD

Nice video!  Man, you're great at this game.  I have never seen those clover leaves before!  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

ArcadeAction

Quote from: TrekMD on June 05, 2017, 23:36:03 PM
Nice video!  Man, you're great at this game.  I have never seen those clover leaves before!  LOL

Just broke 200k today. I am surprised at the number of cut scenes. There are new ones even after board 16. I wonder how many there are. One has a whole field of ghosts chasing Super Pac-Man. I suppose I could do a search on it, but I'd rather discover by playing more.

TrekMD

Awesome!  Dang, so how many cut scenes does the game have if you're still seeing new ones after 16 board?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...