Let's Compare - Circus Charlie

Started by TrekMD, April 29, 2017, 01:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Circus Charlie is an action/platform game originally released by Konami in which the player controls a clown named Charlie. The game was a hit arcade game in 1984, which also had a successful release on the MSX in the same year, followed by ports to the Nintendo Famicom in 1986 by Soft Pro and the Commodore 64 in 1987. It was released along with other Konami classic games on the Nintendo DS compilation Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits.

Levels:

The standard Arcade version has 6 levels in total. Levels 1, 2, 4 and 5 have 5 sublevels. Level 3 contains 7 sublevels. Each sublevel gets more difficult. Level 6 also has 5 sublevels, but repeats as long the user has lives.

Level 1: ride on a lion and jump through flaming rings
Level 2: tightrope walking whilst jumping over monkeys
Level 3: Jump between trampolines and beware the knife throwers and fire breathers. In sublevel 3 and 6 the trampolines are placed in a swimming pool and the knife throwers and fire breathers are replaced by jumping dolphins.
Level 4: Jump from ball to ball
Level 5: Ride a horse and jump over trampolines and walls
Level 6: trapeze

Source:  Wikipedia

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Thank you, TrekMD. Really enjoy these let's compare videos.

TrekMD

This is one game I had never seen until I saw the Coleco home port.  I didn't get to play the arcade until last year at one of the retro events.  It's a fun game and harder than it looks.

onthinice

Cool, that you were able to play the arcade. I really like the Playstation version.

TrekMD

Here's a newer video looking at various versions of this game...