RVG Interviews Songbird Productions

Started by zapiy, July 04, 2012, 18:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

[align=center:2740euo1][/align:2740euo1]

A huge thanks to Carl at Songbird Productions for agreeing to this interview.

Enjoy

zapiy
Can you tell us a little about you and Songbird?

Carl
Sure. See my answers below. :)

Shadowrunner
Have you ever considered developing a game for a non atari platform?

Carl
I have: it's called Pizza Guy and it was released both in B&W and in color for cell phones about 10 years ago. I think only a few hundred people ever downloaded it, however. ;) Beyond that, I don't really have time to learn other systems.

Thanks for the interview!

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Great interview!

I REALLY REALLY want to know what his new Jag CD game is!!!!  :o

TrekMD

Very nice!  I'm curious as well about the JagCD game!  And it is nice to see that UltraVortek may yet see release.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

AmigaJay

Great Interview! Thanks to Carl for taking the time out.
Love the Lynx info! And it's also great he's spending more time with his family, I know sometimes hobbies do get In the way of family life more than they should do!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

QuoteThe game when I received it was final beta quality, so I didn't make any changes to the game itself. However, it was a very long process of tracking down the rights for Silmarils in France. The company had been liquidated so the rights were tied up for several years with a legal firm until finally things reverted back to founder of Silmarils. Once that happened, he was very gracious to work with me to get the game published for Jaguar fans.

This must a major reason behind a lot of game releases being delayed.. interesting stuff.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

dubchaser

Anyone have any more info on Carl's Cell Game Pizza Guy.  My Bing search doesn't bring anything up.

zapiy

dubchaser

Yeah, that would be nice.  Thanks.

Anonymous

Greyfox

Another great interview added to our ever growing exclusive interview section..great work guys on the questions, as good as he interview questions retro gamer ask their interviewees .