Songbird Productions Updates

Started by TrekMD, January 01, 2017, 16:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

With the New Year comes an update from Songbird productions for fans of the Atari Jaguar and the Atari Lynx...

QuoteHappy New Year, Atari fans! Hope you are enjoying the recent holidays and spent time with friends and family. I just updated the Songbird catalog today with some cool items to kick off the new year, including:

Protector (original 1999 release) - Back in stock for a limited time. Only 16 carts available, and this will be the last batch of carts to include the original box and manual from the 1999 release.
World Tour Racing CD - Back in stock with the new mastered full-color disc straight from Telegames!
Protector SE Platinum collection - This is your chance to get Prot SE in a clear cart shell, the Resurgence CD expansion, and the CGE edition of Resurgence all in one collection! Quantities are very limited and some of these will go on eBay as well.

Plus, I have been working on a new micro-project for the Jaguar over the holidays, and the result will be a new game on cartridge published very soon! Stay tuned for details. :)

Finally, I have not forgotten about Lynx fans! I'm getting more carts built and will have all Songbird games back in stock sometime in the first quarter of 2017. After that I may resume one of my Lynx projects since I will have the ability to get more carts produced.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Songbird is rereleasing two of their games in one cartridge combo:  Soccer Kid + Frog Feast.

Soccer Kid is an excellent 2D platformer for the Atari Jaguar and was originally published by Songbird back in 2000. It features large animated characters, tight controls, secret areas to explore, and of course sports-themed bosses to defeat! Frog Feast is a smaller 1-2 player game with colorful graphics and easy-to-learn gameplay, and has never been available in cartridge form from Songbird until now.

As shown, the combo cart includes the specially marked Soccer Kid outer box, Soccer Kid manual, and a clear cartridge with a brand new professionally printed label for $99.95. In addition, Soccer Kid as a standard 2MB cartridge will continue to be available while supplies last at the standard $79.95 price. In order to gauge demand, the initial run of combo carts has been limited to 25 units. Watch this space for updates on ordering information coming soon!

TrekMD

I just got this email from Songbird Productions.  This is really cool...

SONGBIRD ACQUIRES CLASSIC GAMING PROPERTIES

For immediate release:

ROCHESTER, MN -- Songbird Productions is pleased to announce the acquisition of multiple classic gaming properties, including:

The entire HandMade Software library, except for Kasumi Ninja, including games such as Awesome Golf and Battlezone 2000
    Battlemorph by ATD
    Gordo 106 by Tenth Planet Software
    Lynx Super Skweek by Loriciel
    Othello by Harry Dodgson

"Songbird has enjoyed two decades of supporting diehard Atari fans with new games for old systems," said Carl Forhan, founder of Songbird. "I look forward to a new wave of products that can incorporate these incredible games for the benefit of all gamers worldwide."

Songbird Productions is a premier game developer and publisher for the Atari Lynx and Jaguar. To keep up to date with the latest news at Songbird Productions, be sure to visit the company web site at http://songbird-productions.com.

Saturn

I got the email too. Wondering if and hoping he got the source code to Battlemorph. Opportunity to make new levels for one of the best games on the system!

TrekMD

Saturn

Yes, have some expansion pack CDs, or better yet, 6mb carts. Probably wouldn't have the animations but I'd trade them quick for more BM gaming goodness!

TrekMD

I got this update today from Carl at Songbird and I thought I'd share it here...

----------------------------------------------

After many years of wishful thinking, the Songbird website has finally completed a major overhaul. You can now browse items and add them to your shopping cart or wish list, create a user account, and use modern secure payment processing tools. I also have a blog which I will update periodically. Some particular items of interest:

1.  Inventory is now managed online, meaning items will go out of stock automatically when the last one is ordered. It isn't complete yet but it's better than the old manual system. I have set up all item quantities to be conservative to ensure I have them in stock at the moment.
    2.  International customers can now select a couple of shipping options, depending on the weight of the order. International shipping ranges from $20-40, where $40 is insured and guaranteed but the cheaper options are not. USA customers remain at a flat $8 shipping for any order.
    3.  Songbird Lynx games which support comlynx are now available in a discounted "duo" option, where you get two curved lip carts, one box, and one manual. This allows you to pick up a second copy for comlynx at a much better price.

To celebrate, I've added some new items to the store including:

• Limited quantities of imported Telegames Jaguar and Lynx releases
  • Limited quantities of SIMIS, T-tris, and Othello for the Lynx

Take the new site for a spin, and let me know if you run into any glitches!

Carl Forhan
Songbird Productions

zapiy

Great to see this site updated after so many years.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Shadowrunner

TrekMD

It sure does!  It's moved into the 21st Century.  :) 

zapiy

Yep, needs work but he is getting there.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

An update has been posted by Songbird Productions - "Avid fans know Songbird announced two new Lynx games in the Fall of 2019: Biniax 2 and Xump. These were originally slated for a Dec 2019 release, but got pushed back. Part of the challenge of getting new games made is manufacturing. To ensure that all Songbird Lynx games going forward can be in the classic curved-lip cartridge style, I had to invest in getting an injection mold made. The first cartridge samples arrived a couple weeks ago, and while they’re very close to the target design, some retooling was needed to remove excess flashing and mold lines. So the first real batch of cartridge shells should arrive later this month."