VecMulti Vectrex SD card based Multicart

Started by TrekMD, November 04, 2016, 01:14:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

For Sale

Richard Hutchinson mentioned he has another batch of his VecMulti SD card based Vectrex multicarts ready.

Current Price is "$85 USD shipped (anywhere)".

VecMulti SD Card Vectrex MultiCart by Richard Hutchinson.

VecMulti is a micro SD (MicroSD) card Vectrex multicart. (One MicroSD is included with each VecMulti purchase).
Has the entire original Vectrex library. Also includes a large approved demo and 3rd party homebrew library.

Easy to use on-screen menu system for selecting the title.

Easy updating using your modern micro SD card reader. (Loader program included)

Stores / runs every Vectrex game including:
+ Games requiring additional RAM (RAM included on board)
+ 64K bank-switched games
+ Multi-load games

VecMulti's MicroSD card is easily accessible via a slot on the cart case.

VecMulti can also connect to your PC/MAC/Linux system for for development work (loader included). Connection accomplished via a serial port header pins on the board using a serial-to-USB adapter. (Adapter not included. Easily found in other eBay listings)

VecMulti instructions and documentation are included loaded on the MicroSD card.

One pre-loaded MicroSD is included with each VecMulti purchase.

You can reach Richard Hutchinson for purchase via the following methods:
Email: Email to Richard.Hutchinson@dsl.pipex.com

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

ArcadeAction

TrekMD

I think it's cool accessing the microSD is so easy.  Adding and/or removing files is quite easy now because of that.

ArcadeAction

Not long ago I picked up a ZVG Zektor generator. It allows you to connect a computer running a special vector version of MAME and it can be wired directly to a Vectrex for display (or arcade vector monitor).

I'm building a couple of wiring cables so I can connect it to run on the Vectrex to see how the arcade version of Star Castle and other games run on it. It will be kind of cool running those games with the Vectrex overlays. It will also be neat to see Asteroids running.

The ZVG is a custom card that connects to a computer via the parellel port and uses DOS and a Soundblaster audio card.

TrekMD

zapiy

Quote from: arcadeaction on November 29, 2016, 02:40:23 AM
Not long ago I picked up a ZVG Zektor generator. It allows you to connect a computer running a special vector version of MAME and it can be wired directly to a Vectrex for display (or arcade vector monitor).

I'm building a couple of wiring cables so I can connect it to run on the Vectrex to see how the arcade version of Star Castle and other games run on it. It will be kind of cool running those games with the Vectrex overlays. It will also be neat to see Asteroids running.

The ZVG is a custom card that connects to a computer via the parellel port and uses DOS and a Soundblaster audio card.

Fancy doing a product review of this for us fella.. Will give the seller some exposure as well.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

ArcadeAction

Quote from: zapiy on December 06, 2016, 12:18:40 PM
Quote from: arcadeaction on November 29, 2016, 02:40:23 AM

Fancy doing a product review of this for us fella.. Will give the seller some exposure as well.

Sure, I'll plan to do a review of this running once I get it setup.