What is your rarest sega item?

Started by rush6432, October 30, 2016, 17:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obriethe1st

Hello all it's been a while but I have a good few ntsc j saturn games that could be classed as rare (or just expensive) I'm not sure which. Stellar assault ss and elevator action returns are a couple.

TrekMD

There was a version of Elevator Action for the Saturn?  That's cool!  I did not know this existed.  Just looked up a video on YT and it does look nice. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

obriethe1st

Trek its a really goodd old school action platformer with great animation and some really nice little touches,it's just a shame it's so expensivery though I'm sure it's on a taito compilation for og xbox and ps2.

TrekMD

Oh, yes, I did check and saw that it is quite pricey!  Best way to get it would be through one of the compilations if it was included.

rush6432

Rarest item I have is the edge 16 modem for the genesis. Obviously not a game but hardware Instead

TrekMD

rush6432

There are a few pictures of them floating around online actually. Not many but there are a few still.

TrekMD

You're right.  Not very many pics of it.  For anyone curious, here is what it looks like...

Vadergb

I've got lots of Sega hardware and software but nothing rare. I missed out on a Burning Rangers for the Saturn when it came out at the end of the UK life. I have lots of SMS, Megadrive, Saturn and Dreamcast games just nothing of note.

I used to have a really good UK Saturn collection back in the day but sold it for £130 in the early 2000's - 40 odd games, Multitap, 8 Controllers, 3 Guns etc.

One positive thing about Sega are most of the must own titles are easily to get hold of.

zapiy

Yeah, I do love my Sega hardware.. would love a few rare titles but breaking the bank is not something I can justify these days..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

obriethe1st

Just read through  here again for the 1st time in a while. Just wanted to say to TrekMD I recently bought  taito legends 2 for ps2 that has Elevator Action 2 on and it feels off so I'd  say the  saturn version is better. Also I forgot to say I have a 'this is cool' saturn which is  supposed to be  fairly rare. Also a 'super wonderboy super monster land' miss print on master system not sure about this but haven't seen any on eBay.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

TrekMD

Hmm, what do think is off with the PS2 version of Elevator Action 2?  Not well emulated? 

obriethe1st

The controls just feel a bit sluggish compared to the saturn version,the ps2 is Japanese so no 50/60 hz problems. However it just feels off not sure why, maybe it is the emulation or just the difference between the  sharp controls of the saturn version  compared to the  ps2.

TrekMD

I think you've listed enough issues for the game to feel off.  Nothing like the original, then.  :)

obriethe1st

No lol ☺